Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Headers On A V-Drive?????

DansBlown73Nordic
    What is the difference between V-Drive and Jet headers? Im wondering will a set of Jet headers work on a V-Drive?

The difference is the angle of the collector. Different because of the angle the engine is mounted in the boat. V-Drive, engine angled forward - headers are lower angle so they don't stick up in the air. Jet, engine angled back - headers are higher angle. I think we measured the difference once and it was 4-5" at the end of the collector. Bassetts. Hope this helps.

126driver
    Well, the obvious thing to me is that a lot of v-drive guys drive off of the flywheel, so their engines are in backwards

Infomaniac
    126driver:
    Well, the obvious thing to me is that a lot of v-drive guys drive off of the flywheel, so their engines are in backwards I think I just read something that is not correct. A v-drive engine is in the correct direction. Any direction other than that will be incorrect.

126driver
    I hear you there. As long as it's a circle boat wink

DansBlown73Nordic
    So they will look kinda STUPID???? eek!

Bad Meds
    Hi Dan, I just sent you an e-mail regarding this.I read this post after I sent it.
    Some people like the way it looks on a Flat if they are short headers.It's personal preference so maybe somemore people can give there opinions.Lets see what happens?

DansBlown73Nordic
    Has anybody got a picture of a V-Drive with a set of Jet headers.
    I hope the Jet headers won't slow my boat DOWN!!!

If your engine's got some forward tilt to it like most vdrives, jet headers will be fairly high in the air out at the end. On wet headers water drainage out the back at idle may become an issue also. Vdrive header collectors are fairly parallel to the engine, jets are up in the air some because of the angle of the engine in a jet boat. Long collector jet headers on a vdrive in my opinion will look really too high in most cases.

Dan, here is a pic of the BBC in my jet(yes I said JET! )Look at the angle of the collector relative to the engine and the rearward rake of the engine relative to the hull. Now imagine tilting the engine that much to the front and you would have some pipes pointing upward way too much. I've seen guys do it, but it just doesn't look right.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Eng2.JPG[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast