Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Hydro handleing

Bahner tunnel
    I was wondering how well a Sanger hydro handles in choppy water. I'm looking into getting one , and was just wondering what to expect as far as ride and stability in average lake chop(0-1' high). Can this be an all around river/lake crusier or "wait for glass and haul ass" kind of hull. Thanks in advance for your replies.

HavasuDreamin'
    Bahner tunnel
    [QB]"wait for glass and haul ass" kind of hull. QB]You answered your own question!

Bahner tunnel
    That is what I was afraid of. It is too bad because they are the baddest looking boat on the water. frown

HavasuDreamin'
    Bahner tunnel:
    That is what I was afraid of. It is too bad because they are the baddest looking boat on the water. Could you go out an cruise around in 1' chop? Probably, but don't expect to be able to run very hard. Also, you have the low free board worries. A splash guard would help with that, but your best bet is sunrise and sunset banzai speed runs. Great boats, but if I were to own one, it wouldn't be the only boat I had. Good Luck

BT,
    After my parents divorced my dad built a sanger ski hydro, which I learned to ski behind. We would cruize Steamboat Slu & Hogback Island in the Nor. Cal. delta all day long. This of course was before the launch ramp had a 20 minute wait while the wake boards boats loaded the towers for battle.
    I do believe a hydro makes a cool lake boat but their are certain things you have to watch out for. I believe a hydro is like a brand new GSXR750 It's not whether it's going to sink, It's when is it going to sink, or crashed in the bike's case. We sank my dad's. luckily it was on shore when it did.
    Me personaly, I am building a sprint boat mostly to handle the rough water, & whoop ass on all my runner bottom, wait for glass water friends.
    Morg
    [ October 18, 2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Morg ]

Infomaniac
    Tunnel boats are the best lake boats.

sb540
    My '80 ski hydro cruises great in chop but I always save the hard blasts for early morning or late evening. Do you already have your eyes on one in particular?

Sangster
    Bahner Tunnel...
    Don't listen to people that turn left if you want a fast boat..j/k John....Buy an "Eliminator Daytona V-Drive" or "jet" if you must...there the shitt.....

Kurtis500
    It rides like a picnic table too.

Bahner tunnel
    I like the reference to a GSXR 750. I have always liked them (Sanger Hydro), but do not know anyone who has one as there cruiser. It would be a blast to have a 100 mph boat, I was just curious of what to expect as for stability and safety in average conditions (choppy water).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast