Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet Headers On A V-Drive?????

DansBlown73Nordic
    I think they would look like tractor pulling headers!!!! eek! Very nice boat by the way. wink

sb540
    Dan, there is a pic of my hydro on the first page of reader rides (the blue sanger). Those bassets were made for a jet. There is an obvious rake on the headers but I think this makes it look more aggressive. I run them dry so I'm not sure about any drainage issues.

LeE ss13
    I used to run Jet Boat headers on my flat. I kinda liked the way they kick up.

K3-River-Rat
    OLDSQUIRT:
    Dan, here is a pic of the BBC in my jet(yes I said JET! )Look at the angle of the collector relative to the engine and the rearward rake of the engine relative to the hull. Now imagine tilting the engine that much to the front and you would have some pipes pointing upward way too much. I've seen guys do it, but it just doesn't look right.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Eng2.JPG[/img]One thing you guys are not taking into consideration is the fact that the headers have to mounted in the same direction but with the motor being turned around 180 degrees the "actual" angle that the headers are being mounted at is not "much" different depending on the actual angle the V-drive itself is, 10/12 etc. since you are actually mounting the right header on what "was" the left side of the motor and the left header on the right. Therefore the angle has not chaged much I was going to take my ceramic coated headers off of my V-drive and put my chrome bassett jet headers on it anyhow, so I'll go out to the shop and swap them over then click a pic and post it some other time. wink The V-drive headers I have on it right now are actually "upswept" quite a bit more than the jet headers I'm going to put on it! You will see what I'm talking about whenever I get around to putting up a post of the swap. wink
    [ October 22, 2002, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

K3-River-Rat
    But for right now, take a look at these [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Motor1.JPG[/img] These are jet headers on a jet wink [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Mantra_Blower.JPG[/img] Here are the ceramic coated "V-drive" headers on the same boat wink Notice the angle of the headers in each pic eek! This will answer your question except the answer is "ass backwards" to what you are wanting to do!

DetroitJim
    When I bought my headers the guy at Bassett said that standard jet headers are 6 degrees up and v-drive headers are 2 degrees down. They will make them at a different angle if you want.
    DJ

dannyUALsanger
    I like the parallel look of my v-drive headers on my Sanger vs the short jet boat headers on my 72 Stevens that tend to stick up in the air.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12