Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt Lake City Shootings

Old Texan
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the realative lack of coverage on the news?
    This could be a "terrorist act" since a Bosnian "refugee" did the shooting and has a Muslim sounding name. Makes me wonder why more hasn't been said.
    Any opinions?

Run_em_Hard
    Its been all over our local state news...even had one of the family members, sister I think, she said something about how he was just trying to get by in a new country(stupid Biatch).
    He is lucky that he got off easy. :devil: :devil:

cdog
    Sorry no link...
    The 18-year-old gunman who killed five people in a crowded Utah shopping mall was a Bosnian Muslim refugee who was prepared to kill many more, say investigators.
    An off-duty police officer having an early Valentine's Day dinner with his wife was credited today with cornering Sulejmen Talovic, exchanging fire with him until other officers arrived to shoot and kill the gunman.
    The trench-coated teenager wanted to "to kill a large number of people" and probably would have killed many more if not for the off-duty officer, Police Chief Chris Burbank said.
    (Story continues below)
    A friend said Talovic was from the war-torn country of Bosnia and that the trauma he experienced while growing up may have led to him snapping for some reason.
    Ken Hammond, an off-duty officer from Ogden, north of Salt Lake City, jumped up from his seat at a restaurant after hearing gunfire and cornered the gunman, exchanging fire with him until other officers arrived, Burbank said.
    "There is no question that his quick actions saved the lives of numerous other people," the police chief said.
    Police said it was not immediately clear who fired the shot that killed Talovic.
    Talovic had a backpack full of ammunition, a shotgun and a .38-caliber pistol, police said. Investigators knew little about Talovic, except than he lived in Salt Lake City with his mother, the chief said. He was enrolled in numerous city schools before withdrawing in 2004, the school district said. Initially, police refused to release his name or any information about his background.
    Talovic drove to the Trolley Square shopping center – a century-old former trolley barn with winding hallways, brick floors and wrought-iron balconies, and immediately killed two people, followed by a third victim as he came through a door, Burbank said. Five other people were then shot in a gift shop, he said.
    Four people who were wounded remained hospitalized today, two in critical condition, two in serious.
    Outside the mall, candles and flowers were left as memorials to the victims.
    Hammond's boss, Ogden Police Chief Jon Greiner, said the state Senate wants to honor him.
    "Thank goodness he was there," said Greiner, who is also a state senator. "You don't want to ever say it's good we were there and killed somebody, but it's probably good someone was there."
    Accountant Jeff Barlow was on a date at a restaurant when he looked outside and saw the gunman firing from the hip.
    "I thought it was some kind of joke – some kind of movie or stunt," Barlow said. "I didn't believe it was happening. And then I saw a man go down in a courtyard. I realized this was serious. These are real bullets flying around."
    David Dean, who owns a greeting-card store at the mall, said three or four people died inside his store, which was packed with Valentine's Day shoppers.

centerhill condor
    more proof that a 45 outruns 911 everytime! the off duty officer is a hero and deserves recognition as such. This concerns me as it may be the beginning of more of the same....get your 45s and spend some time training. The life you save will be your own.
    These bastards aren't gonna have the ease of murder like in europe...folks in the states are gun lovers and can be totin' at their leisure...as intended by the founders.

Old Texan
    more proof that a 45 outruns 911 everytime! the off duty officer is a hero and deserves recognition as such. This concerns me as it may be the beginning of more of the same....get your 45s and spend some time training. The life you save will be your own.
    These bastards aren't gonna have the ease of murder like in europe...folks in the states are gun lovers and can be totin' at their leisure...as intended by the founders.
    Kinda what I was thinkin'. Around here there's liable to be an open season if this happens again.
    Scary times in which we live........

SmokinLowriderSS
    It's getting regular airplay here, at least on radio.
    Sure is a good thing he was there having dinner that night. Coulda been a couple dozen killed easy if he hadn't been cornered quickly and kept from roaming in search of targets.
    I keep up on my .45 practice, good expanding ammo too.
    Minimize overpenetration, maximize effect, both are very good.

Steve 1
    Ahh yes the good ole ROP at work again..
    I normally carry a stainless .357 revolver and lots of ammo no safeties just point and shoot But If I get called to the factory (break-in) at night only one weapon with me and that’s a Shotgun.

Blown 472
    It's getting regular airplay here, at least on radio.
    Sure is a good thing he was there having dinner that night. Coulda been a couple dozen killed easy if he hadn't been cornered quickly and kept from roaming in search of targets.
    I keep up on my .45 practice, good expanding ammo too.
    Minimize overpenetration, maximize effect, both are very good.
    You are such a man.:jawdrop:

Moneypitt
    OK here we go, metal detectors at malls!!!!!! Was this nutjob here legally? Is there no screening for nutjobs to enter legally? Once again our open borders bite us in the ass......MP

SmokinLowriderSS
    You are such a man.:jawdrop:
    Ah the master of on-point relevant commentary who is fixated about my sex life makes another drive-by to bless us. How fortunate we are.
    Makes me want to bleach disenfect my monitor.
    Someday blown, I will manage to be the man you imagine yourself to be, then my life will finally be .....
    worthless.
    Yes indeed steve, the best close-in weapon there is, the humble "Housebroom", 12-gauge is my preference. 18-20" barrell for maneuverability. #6 Pheasant loads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast