Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD Ready to Run

GottaJet
    I was just wondering if anyone had the hookup on an MSD ready to run distributor for a Ford 460? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

jbone
    I got my marine version from DANA. No hookup though.
    J

Konabud
    I got lucky and bought a lightly used one off of Ebay. Summit carries them, search for MSD 83506. If you don't need a marine RTR (I don't know what the differance is) there's one on Ebay for $306. here's a link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-8...ryZ33690QQihZ0 20QQitemZ300078716808QQrdZ1

pw_Tony
    Go onto summitracing.com. It's hard to beat their prices and shipping dates. I bought for mine the 6al, districutor, and timing curve box all in a kit. you can use the timing curve box for different fuels instead adjusting your distributor. the only odd thing I did is the box kept burning up coils so I bought a cheap E coil from a newer fuel injection truck from NAPA.

GottaJet
    Thanks for the info guys. I saw the marine version at Jeg's for $379 but like Kona said do I really need the marine version and if so what is the differance??

Ken F
    I've been running a regular one for several years now, and no problems.
    If you had an engine hatch where you maintained quite a lot of moisture, possibly. That would be the only reason I could think of.
    Ken F

pw_Tony
    I have my MSD under my engine hatch and have never had a problem. Even with a little water splashin around it's still thumpin. The only time I had a problem is when I was checking for spark after installing a coil I had a screw driver in the end of a spark plug wire to bridge to block so I could see the spark, next second, BBZZZZZZZZZZ. Oww that really hurt, never doing that again haha

Blown Income
    I had a RTR MSD on the first boat, just a mild chevy, and loved it so much I hated to give it back to the guy that loaned it to me,so ihad to buy one. I kept it when I sold the boat and now it lights my blown 502 no problems yet, knock on wood.

GottaJet
    I have my MSD under my engine hatch and have never had a problem. Even with a little water splashin around it's still thumpin. The only time I had a problem is when I was checking for spark after installing a coil I had a screw driver in the end of a spark plug wire to bridge to block so I could see the spark, next second, BBZZZZZZZZZZ. Oww that really hurt, never doing that again haha
    I feel you brother :220v: I only had to do that once to learn not to do it again! The old hard way method is still the best teacher I've ever had.

GottaJet
    Are these available without the vacuum advance?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../ready2run.jpg
    MSD Billet Ready to Run (non marine version)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast