Thread: Kindsvater Flat

1Bahnerjet
    Found this while looking for something else, your Buddy owns this Right? I think their was a whole story on boat I'll keep looking.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43PH.jpg[/img]
    -------------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

Kindsvater Flat
    Ya that was Wally's boat. I was down at the new owners shop the yesterday. coming along pretty good. He is redoing it for a 540 merlin motor.

Then I got this picture and reply from the Banderlog forums.

A fellow looking like a homeless person came in the MPD shop one evening and asked "if we installed engines in jet boats". I told him "yes" and he then asked "if we would install the engine in his jet boat". I said "sure", thinking to myself that it was all a joke. He then left.
    Several weeks later the same fellow showed up driving a nice shiny pickup with an injected aluminum KB hemi sitting in the bed and a brand new red & white Rogers Drag Star hitched on behind. He said "this is the engine that I'd like you to install in that jet boat". I almost fell over!
    We built the rails and engine mounts, and installed the engine. During that era we also built some of the cav plate hardware used on the Drag Stars, but that stuff was usually installed in Roger's shop. I don't remember for sure if we did any of the other rigging on that boat, but I'm thinking that we may have done the pedals/plate controls because I bothered to take a pic of those. After Wally's boat left MPD, I never saw it again, but heard thru the grapevine about him setting the CompJet record.
    I am thrilled to see old race boats like this being preserved and, hopefully, kept in top condition.
    Jack

Kindsvater Flat
    This is what it looks like now.

Kindsvater Flat
    1Bahnerjet:
    Found this while looking for something else, your Buddy owns this Right? I think their was a whole story on boat I'll keep looking.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43PH.jpg[/img]
    -------------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive Thanks.... I will take any information you can dig up.

1Bahnerjet
    Nice Pics,I was Suprised to see the Picture of The Transom, The Berkeley I expected, But its a Flat Bottom! On a Jet Boat! Must Work Anyway, The Proof is in the History. eek!
    ------------------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

Kindsvater Flat
    Its a pretty cool old boat. I can't wait until its done. I'm thinking it will be about 2 months before its done.