Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chevrolet 572 /620hp pump gas

dragboat
    I looked into the ZZ572 and the World Products engines Neither has warranties for marine use. Thats some big bucks to lay out to mabey get the 1 in XXXXX bad one. Is this the standard deal?

Taylorman
    I looked into the ZZ572 and the World Products engines Neither has warranties for marine use. Thats some big bucks to lay out to mabey get the 1 in XXXXX bad one. Is this the standard deal?
    If you want a marine crate motor with a warranty, you need to call Infomaniac. Your not gonna get a warranty from World or GM.

Instigator
    It's pretty common practice for crate motors not to be covered for marine use. Could be oil control, maybe they figure you might be out in the ocean jumping 20ft swells. Could be saltwater corosion of the aluminum. Best guess is water reversion in the exhaust due to camshaft profies. That can hurt an engine in a hurry. Could be the 75-100lbs of water pressure in the block from a jet pump with no pressure control. Now, you and me both know you aren't stupid, right ? Who's going to be driving the beast? That's what I thought. Besides, how do "they" know what you're putting that motor in? Keep the water out of the oil, and the sand out of the block. "They" don't need to know it is going in a boat. Engine stands are in the shop at work. Stop out anytime, you're welcome to one. Will be looking you up this weekend for sure. RB

It's pretty common practice for crate motors not to be covered for marine use. Could be oil control, maybe they figure you might be out in the ocean jumping 20ft swells. Could be saltwater corosion of the aluminum. Best guess is water reversion in the exhaust due to camshaft profies. That can hurt an engine in a hurry. Could be the 75-100lbs of water pressure in the block from a jet pump with no pressure control. Now, you and me both know you aren't stupid, right ? Who's going to be driving the beast? That's what I thought. Besides, how do "they" know what you're putting that motor in? Keep the water out of the oil, and the sand out of the block. "They" don't need to know it is going in a boat. Engine stands are in the shop at work. Stop out anytime, you're welcome to one. Will be looking you up this weekend for sure. RB
    But, there are fools who will try to blow up their new motor, and try to get warranty on it. They won't take that chance on anyone, i'm surprized they even offer a warranty for the HP crate motors period.
    Sleek

SB
    : Be sure and look at the rpm the peak power is made. The lower the rpm on the peak torque and horsepower the bigger the impeller you can run. I KNOW you want low rpm cruisin, go for the biggest cubes you can for the torque. Lots of 500 chevs and fords can make over 600 hp, if you want to run a B or AB cut impeller. Spin the crap out of them.-------
    Yeah, on that 572 do jetter have to change the cam?

dragboat
    Yea that makes sence when you put it that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12