Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Jeep

djunkie
    So my brother wants to buy a Jeep to leave in Havasu and he doesn't know what to look for. I recomended something newer with fuel injection. What do you jeep experts recomend? And does anyone know of any for sale. Hes probably looking in the $5k-$7k price range.

djunkie
    mardonzi has one for sale needs work 2500$ i think is what he wants
    I'm sure my brother would want a good running one that doesn't need much work. I don't think he even knows the difference between a screwdriver and a wrench.

Sportin' Wood
    Early 90's Wrangler with a 4.0. Best value in the Jeep world right now. You can get a nice one in that range.

phebus
    Depending on what is out there in his price range, a 97 and newer TJ if possible (coil spring suspension) The square headlight YJ's that were made prior to that aren't as desirable.

Not So Fast
    Not going to get F.I. for that much $$$ I dont think. And Rick is right about 97 or newer for the coil springs!! JMO NSF

Mandelon
    I bought a 94 YJ with a lift, wheels and tires, steering damper for $4000. Its only a 4 banger, but we tow it where we want to go and mostly use if for off road exploring. A bargain I think. Insurance is cheap too.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...x_trip_081.jpg
    I don't worry if it gets scratched, or dirty. Low investment......low worry factor.

Sportin' Wood
    I bought a 94 YJ with a lift, wheels and tires, steering damper for $4000. Its only a 4 banger, but we tow it where we want to go and mostly use if for off road exploring. A bargain I think. Insurance is cheap too.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...x_trip_081.jpg
    I don't worry if it gets scratched, or dirty. Low investment......low worry factor.
    Thats the very car I speak of. The 4.0 is fool injected all years.
    If ya like the coils you can convert the suspension with an off the shelf kit. Black diamond I think. Used to be a Warn kit Superlift owns it now. I think they market it as Black diamond
    IMHO the YJ is a little more roomy then the TJ. I hate the dash in the TJ. Tore it out of ours and built a new one.
    You can pull a CJ in that price range as well but you better like turning wrenches. they are getting pretty old.
    If ya want a basket case I have two or three out back.

Kilrtoy
    So my brother wants to buy a Jeep to leave in Havasu and he doesn't know what to look for. I recomended something newer with fuel injection. What do you jeep experts recomend? And does anyone know of any for sale. Hes probably looking in the $5k-$7k price range.
    Guess he is looking old then, REALLY OLD

Mandelon
    It is a rough ride, how much and how hard is the coilover change?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast