Thread: How Do I Bleed The Master Cylinder On My Elliss Trailer?

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have a Elliss trailer with brakes. Im not sure but maybe the cylinder is shot.
    What is the best way to bleed the brakes? Also can I buy a master cylinder for this from a automotive parts store?

SCHIADA 21 RC
    I would suggest first taking it apart and checking the bore for scratches and or rust spots. If the scratches or rust spots are not to bad you can hone the master cylinder with a wheel cylinder hone and rebuild it. I am not sure where Ellis gets his cylinders but there may be rebuild kits available. If kits are not available you can probably buy a new unit from Ellis. His first name is Bob and his number is 818/361-4011. Give him a call and he will most likely be able to help.

shirkey4750
    Purchase a vacuum pump from an auto parts store, attach it to your bleed valves (open) on your back plate and pull the fluid through the lines and your done.

Stab-n-Steer
    Dan,
    Buy one of those "Mightyvac" hand pumps. Greatest thing for bleeding brakes. All the directions are included. About $39.00 but I bought one for $29.00 on sale...
    S&S

Boatski
    I had to replace the master cylinder on my trailer. I was told by other people that it is easier to replace the master cylinder with a new one. The rebuild kits Tend to leak. I think I paid about $30 for mine about 2 years ago. I purchased mine at a shop that rebuilds clutches & brakes. Good luck.....