Thread: Trailer Pricing for 21' Schiada

Wrenchforce
    I crawled up under my boat this past weekend to do some work on her and noticed that I have a significant amount of rusted metal debris in the drain holes on my Ellis trailer. I was shocked when I started probing and clumps of rusted metal started flowing out. I believe the trailer is the original - '83. Previous owner had it in Salt Water - which is death to an Ellis trailer. Anyone have an idea for the cost of a new Trailer for a 21', tandem axle with disc breaks? I'm just trying to get a general idea. I first want to get my motor finished off this spring and finish paying the boat off by early summer, then focus on a new trailer for fall.

msmeads1
    Try mike livingston, he use to build all the Ellis Trailers for the last 20 yrs.
    He just left and opened his own shop.
    If you called Ellis the cost for a triple with disc brakes would be $6500. Use that as a bench mark when you speak with Mike. Tandom would be about $5500. That would include Rims and Tires. If you plan on putting you own rims and tires, than back that out of these numbers.
    Mike has a post in this section of the v drive forum with his contact info.
    There is no better trailer builder than Mike. I am sure he built your current trailer back in '83.

billet racing 1
    I have a good trailer sitting in my side yard. Wanting a good home. Had a 21' Tahiti mini day cruiser. Would make you a good deal.
    Jerry

My 2oo5 Triple axle Ellis that Mike built with wheels and tires, longer tail step, disc brakes and a few other goodies was about $7500.00 for everything, a tandem will be less by 1000.00 - 2000.00 depending on your options.
    ScottYada Yada Yada