Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning. Summer is coming and my wife is coming to a launch ramp near you.

beaverretriever
    Just thought I would let everyone know. GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! My wife will be backing down the trailer again this yr.
    When we dump the boat in the water, I do everything, but when we pull it out. I usually idle around why she goes and gets the truck. She has only backed up the trailer about 5-6 times, so she will get better.
    Luckily for her she is cute, and most people don't mind that the truck looks like a slithering snake coming down the ramp LOL.
    She doesn't want to try putting the boat on the trailer yet.
    Just wanted to give you guys fair warning.

syke-o
    well if i saw a cute chick trying to back up and get sideways i would definitely go down and offer her a hand... i would even do it for an ugly chick, and even a dude if need be...

John.
    I'm lucky. my wife is excellent in backing the trailer. She sometimes gets frustrated with others at the launch ramp and threads the needle with backing the trailer into the water with only a foot or two room on each side. Other guys at the launch ramp comment on her abilites almost every time we go to the lake.

Jyruiz
    Thanks for the warning, and lets hope both our wifes are not at the ramp at the same time.

AZKC
    I've tried for 25+ years to get the wife to do the launch retrieve thing and she just jumps in the boat starts the motor and says "I'll meet you at the dock"

beaverretriever
    I'm lucky. my wife is excellent in backing the trailer. She sometimes gets frustrated with others at the launch ramp and threads the needle with backing the trailer into the water with only a foot or two room on each side. Other guys at the launch ramp comment on her abilites almost every time we go to the lake.
    People are generally nice to my wife. She gets scared and I always hear people say "You are doing fine honey" and stuff like that.
    She will get better, it just takes time. I'm going to take the truck and boat over to our shop parking lot and let her do some training. LOL

Cole Trickle
    Thanks for the warning, and lets hope both our wifes are not at the ramp at the same time.
    Sychranized snake backer uppers?

beaverretriever
    Well, I have a hint for everyone.
    Instead of putting your bumpers/fenders on your boat, just put them on your vehicle and there will be no worries!!!

Run_em_Hard
    There is only one way to learn...

CBadDad
    My GF wants to practice this year before the season starts. We're gonna hit some parking lots with trailer attached and let her back into open spaces.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast