Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warning. Summer is coming and my wife is coming to a launch ramp near you.

sigepmock
    I am one of the lucky ones too. My wife can drive anything and is as good as me at backing the trailer down the ramp. One thing that she likes to do is drop the tailgate on the truck after she pulls forward ahead of the ramp...right before she backs down...she says it helps her see the trailer when it goes over the edge onto the tilted ramp and the truck is still on the flat ground.
    She does a great job

Kilrtoy
    What you need to do is hook that boat up tonight and go to a big parking lot and have her drive it around for hours backing, parking all the good stuff, CORNERS.
    and then repreat every weekend for the next two months...
    She will show up like a champ...
    Practice makes perfect.
    OR better yet, have Mrs killer teach her how its done...
    SO when you coming down for your first lessons

AltarGirl
    My wife hates listening to me....

Hava Stoker
    I'm in the same boat with my wife, and it's pretty much my fault why she is not picking it up very quickly. I get impatient and start yelling at her when she makes a wrong move. That pisses her off, and she does even worse because she can hear me yelling at her all the way from the boat. I need the patience, not her. Maybe someone else should try & teach her.

catman-do
    She says....."I didn't want to walk through the hot parking lot!" http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif The moral of the story is, they are smarter than us....never give them a choice!
    RTJas
    Youve got that right! Mine told me that she didnt want to learn how to drive the 5th wheel because then I would make her drive home sometimes and she likes to sleep in the back.

40FlatDeck
    I told my girlfriend 2007 is the year. She is great driver and has good sense behind the wheel so she should have no problem. The boat is kind of tough so she would rather back up the trailer. We will be hitting a parking lot soon.

KineticoH20
    I am one of the lucky ones too. My wife can drive anything and is as good as me at backing the trailer down the ramp. One thing that she likes to do is drop the tailgate on the truck after she pulls forward ahead of the ramp...right before she backs down...she says it helps her see the trailer when it goes over the edge onto the tilted ramp and the truck is still on the flat ground.
    She does a great job
    Damn Chris, can I ship my wife down to the two of you for boot camp? doesn't want to learn anything, gets way too frustrated, I barely got her to pull the truck out but then stress's out parking. Makes the beginning and end of the day stressfull.

Throttle
    mmmm, I will probably just keep doing everything myself... as usual...

voodoomedman
    Be patient in explaining it and let them or help them figure out their own way and not your way. When we bought the boat my wife knew she would back the trailer and doesn't want to drive the boat. I've taught her how for emergencies but she likes to just let me drive. Anyways, the first time I explained to her and then had her watch me as I explained as I backed the boat into the water. She says "okay so if I see the trailer in the side mirrors I should turn the wheel toward that mirror to straighten it out". I said if that's what works for you then go for it. At the end of the day when I dropped her off to get the truck she put it right back down the ramp like nobody's business. Still does. She tells dudes what to do on the ramp and has backed from one lane into another when the dufus's take 20 minutes to get out of the water.

beaverretriever
    I'm in the same boat with my wife, and it's pretty much my fault why she is not picking it up very quickly. I get impatient and start yelling at her when she makes a wrong move. That pisses her off, and she does even worse because she can hear me yelling at her all the way from the boat. I need the patience, not her. Maybe someone else should try & teach her.
    I can picture it now. You sitting in the boat idleing around yelling "Bitch, get that thing straight or else I'm going to show you my pimp hand!!!!"..
    Thats what I do... JK :devil:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast