Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warning. Summer is coming and my wife is coming to a launch ramp near you.

OutCole'd
    My wife is better than me, and if you saw me drive, you would believe it.

rampgirl-top
    we practiced at the launch ramp in the winter time. My wife hates listening to me...so a friends wife coached her through the practice and now she is awesome at it.
    I have taught a couple girlfriends how to back trailers, they say its much less stressfull. The hard part is finding the guy that will let us girls take the boat out!!! (practice you know).

ratso
    I have taught a couple girlfriends how to back trailers, they say its much less stressfull. The hard part is finding the guy that will let us girls take the boat out!!! (practice you know).
    I keep a 69 Glastron Tri-Hull around for the girls to take out... can't do much damage to that lol...

charitycase
    I'm lucky. my wife is excellent in backing the trailer. She sometimes gets frustrated with others at the launch ramp and threads the needle with backing the trailer into the water with only a foot or two room on each side. Other guys at the launch ramp comment on her abilites almost every time we go to the lake.
    Ditto.Mine is excellent at it also.

voodoomedman
    I keep a 69 Glastron Tri-Hull around for the girls to take out... can't do much damage to that lol...
    Look at Ratso managing to get 69 and three way action into a conversation with a girlie.

3 daytona`s
    Just thought I would let everyone know. GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! My wife will be backing down the trailer again this yr.
    When we dump the boat in the water, I do everything, but when we pull it out. I usually idle around why she goes and gets the truck. She has only backed up the trailer about 5-6 times, so she will get better.
    Luckily for her she is cute, and most people don't mind that the truck looks like a slithering snake coming down the ramp LOL.
    She doesn't want to try putting the boat on the trailer yet.
    Just wanted to give you guys fair warning.
    Hey Bev,although appreciate your humor,there is nothing more irritating at the end of the day than waiting for anyone Man or Woman "ATTEMPT" backing a trailer down a ramp.A 4 vehicle ramp taken up by two trailers,nothing against your wife most of the guys boating could not back a trailer down 1st try.There is all the talk of boat license,maybe a trailer backing certification would be great.Lake Mohave is sickening on a busy weekend waiting for inconsiderate boaters to have not unloaded before launching and the circus of loading up.Nothing personal but boaters in general.You talk about America`s funniest videos sit at a boat ramp on a busy day,it depends funny or disgusting:idea:

Havasu1986
    I would get some cheap two way radios for communication and support and to whisper sweet nothings while she stresses out. My wife learned pretty quick. Just tell her patience and relax.
    This is what we do. But usually I'm the one stressing out.

beaverretriever
    Hey Bev,although appreciate your humor,there is nothing more irritating at the end of the day than waiting for anyone Man or Woman "ATTEMPT" backing a trailer down a ramp.A 4 vehicle ramp taken up by two trailers,nothing against your wife most of the guys boating could not back a trailer down 1st try.There is all the talk of boat license,maybe a trailer backing certification would be great.Lake Mohave is sickening on a busy weekend waiting for inconsiderate boaters to have not unloaded before launching and the circus of loading up.Nothing personal but boaters in general.You talk about America`s funniest videos sit at a boat ramp on a busy day,it depends funny or disgusting:idea:
    She never takes up anymore room, it just takes her an extra try or two.
    Plus if anyone did say something negative I would beat their ass.

OCMerrill
    We usually have the boat behind our motorhome. I do not have backup cameras either so I back the trailer 100% of the time. Wife handles the boat. So far over the past 13 years with her this is how its gone.
    The ramp is full of dickheads...so we are in the water in under 3 min. Then again our boat is super easy to launch.
    She drives the boat on the trailer perfectly. So I guess we have what works down.

dumbandyoung
    my girlfriend is only 14. So i dont have to worry about her driving yet..hahahha
    JUST KIDDING!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast