Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: chew on this.

does it have the large cam tunnell mike? does it take the .904 lifters?
    bad ass block you bastard.

My block is only 69 lbs. heavier with the caps on.
    CS trying to not be jealous 19

Taylorman
    Is weight savings the only reasoning for getting an alum block? Are you going to be making more power than the last engine?

LGCDEVIL
    How much does my iron tall deck merlinII weigh?

steelcomp
    Is weight savings the only reasoning for getting an alum block? Are you going to be making more power than the last engine?
    Less power potential with aluminum block, and weight savings can be offset with power loss, given everything else the same. I have a feeling that Mike's going to be upping the power to the point that he'll be way past what he might lose (due to block being aluminum) over his last set up. If the only thing being changed is the block, don't expect more power.

steelcomp
    More importantly, Hemis dont work really well without a blower anyway
    That's true with Chrysler Hemi heads, but the AR Ford Hemi's were designed for NA, and work better than most, Hemi or not.

cyclone
    does it have the large cam tunnell mike? does it take the .904 lifters?
    bad ass block you bastard.
    yes.

cyclone
    the goal is to save a couple hundred pounds of weight and to make the same power as my old blower motor.

wsuwrhr
    Less power potential with aluminum block, and weight savings can be offset with power loss, given everything else the same. I have a feeling that Mike's going to be upping the power to the point that he'll be way past what he might lose (due to block being aluminum) over his last set up. If the only thing being changed is the block, don't expect more power.
    Steelcomp,
    I read your posts, and I respect your opinions. I have heard the statement before and I never gave it a second thought.
    What is the reason?
    Is it due to the rapid heat conductivity of aluminum? Or something else?
    Wouldn't aluminum heads have the same problem?
    Brian

Taylorman
    the goal is to save a couple hundred pounds of weight and to make the same power as my old blower motor.
    1000 hp NA, wow, that should be unreal. Tunnel ram or single carb? Not pump gas for sure. What kind of heads?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast