Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howard In Texas

Yep, I just put her back on the market. check the classifieds on this site..
    What's up Rushin. I saw this boat coming back from the sand bar about 3-4-5- years ago. I was so f------ jealous. Been talkin about it for years..Steve

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    What's up Steve, thanks!! I think that trip from the Sand bar was one of the last times I ran it before we pulled the motor apart, then it sat for like 6 years..lol long story..

weekendwarrior
    I am suprised only 89MPH with that much HP.
    VD Cruiser does that suprise you?
    Sounds like it could use more gear...
    Try running a kindsvater three blade, if you can barrow one. A 13x14 would give it a lot more push forward. Those Cole 20's can run good, they were just on the heavy side. But, they are great quality boats.

cole555
    The Boat is new to me I just bought it in july last year ,working on figure out the right combination to get some more speed out of it.
    I just made a couple wot passess and then palying with the plates to see how far I can go up ,it just has a handle in it no peddels,so far on the handle 3/4 of the way on the up side was where I made the 89mph pass boat was rock steady did not rock from side to side or make any moves at all,the water was glass at the time,I have run in slight chop but had no gps with me seams to run a little bit freeer .For sure I think I have some room in changeing prop.Also the carbs needs some tunning doesn,t look like my second carb was opening all the way on the secondairys.Bought a new intake bds tented floor tall deck,instead of the crager intake with spacers.also as I can save money would like to put an enderle mecanical injection unit on it.

cole555
    Rushin that is a sweet set up looks llike your boat quite a bit lighter then my set up I have a full floor and seating the motor sets way back in the boat .What kind of mph our you getting out of your set up,what prop our you running.Where do you have your plates set on a good pass.I have talked with J540 and he has had good luck with a 11 1/2 x 16 prop I think he is making 1250 hp or more.His motor sets back like mine.

VD CRUISER
    I was going to say that my boat handles better at speed with the smaller dia. props. I use a 11 1/2x16 three blade and a 11 3/4x16 two blade, with the two blade being about 5-6 mph faster. And yes they will run better in a nice chop. If it runs nice and stable you should be able to raise the plate a little to free it up , just don't over do it. My engine sets close to the back also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123