Thread: Holley flooding

wsm9808
    Has anyone run into this before? I put a Proform kit on a holley 750DP and it runs great, But after a hot soak period it floods and dies the instant the fuel pump pressure hits it, but you can leave the pump running after it dies and pull the float level sight plugs and no fuel runs out like it would if the needle and seat were leaking. You can start it with the pump off and it idles/runs fine untill you turn on the pump again. After it cools down for about and hour, it runs fine till the next hot soak.
    I bought the 750 carb used and never used it untill I put the proform kit on, so I dont know if the carb did this before the rebuild.
    Thanks

GofastRacer
    I would take that off and put it back to stock!..My .02!..

Jetty 468
    wsm9808:
    Has anyone run into this before? I put a Proform kit on a holley 750DP and it runs great, But after a hot soak period it floods and dies the instant the fuel pump pressure hits it, but you can leave the pump running after it dies and pull the float level sight plugs and no fuel runs out like it would if the needle and seat were leaking. You can start it with the pump off and it idles/runs fine untill you turn on the pump again. After it cools down for about and hour, it runs fine till the next hot soak.
    I bought the 750 carb used and never used it untill I put the proform kit on, so I dont know if the carb did this before the rebuild.
    Thanks Hello Scott. I,m sure when Ty roll's through here he can tell what's up w/ it ! I'm out in the garage for the next 3 weekend's or so to get mine ready . Will you be ready by 4-12-03 Run What You Brung ,hope so !

Hotcrusader76
    wsm9808:
    Thanks Just FYI, the Proform bodies are delivered "rich" to your door-step when purchased from any of the big parts chains.
    Without tripping over a bunch of hidden signs and clues, and sending you in the wrong direction it's best if you give me a call.
    Was the boat running "A..OK" before the change? What was the running condition of the "core" Holley you robbed from? IE; metering blocks, bowls, baseplate, etc.
    ~Ty
    877.TPC.CARB

wsm9808
    Gofastracer, normaly I would agree with you, but this carb had some damage to the carb body, so I thought the Proform would be a good way to use the rest of the parts from the carb. And I think the they look cool , so I thought this would be a good excuse to try one. The car did drop .15 sec off the ET with the proformed 750dp compaired to the 780vs that was on it.
    Jetty, I think we have a car show that I was planning to put my car in on that same weekend. But it is a two day indoor show at the colosium, so I think I can set up the car friday night, spend the day at the lake saturday and be home in time sunday afternoon to get my car at close up.
    Ty, Thanks, I'll give you a call if you dont mind. It is a real pain to have to flick the fuel pump on and off untill the hot soak temp drops back down after start up. I would like to keep the carb, it is smooth, crisp and responsive the rest of the time.

GofastRacer
    wsm9808:
    Gofastracer, normaly I would agree with you, but this carb had some damage to the carb body, so I thought the Proform would be a good way to use the rest of the parts from the carb. And I think the they look cool , so I thought this would be a good excuse to try one. The car did drop .15 sec off the ET with the proformed 750dp compaired to the 780vs that was on it. I guess that makes sense!!.. wink