Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need IPOD Help

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    I am trying to connect my IPod to my work computer but the USB balloon says that it is an unknown device. The ipod isn't even charging.
    any ideas?

Acommanderguy
    Is the software downloaded on your work computer? If the software isnt on there the computer wont recognize the IPOD as an Ipod. Does that make sense?

KACHINA KEN

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    that didn't work either. it seems like more of an issue with my computer not recognizing the new hardware.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Is the software downloaded on your work computer? If the software isnt on there the computer wont recognize the IPOD as an Ipod. Does that make sense?
    the Itunes is loaded....

Acommanderguy
    Ok so when you plug it in the balloon pops up and sayd new device found? After that does a Box pop up prompting you to use a quicktime program or anything? If not try plugging it in open Itunes then click the icon that shows your Ipod and see if it updates.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Ok so when you plug it in the balloon pops up and sayd new device found? After that does a Box pop up prompting you to use a quicktime program or anything? If not try plugging it in open Itunes then click the icon that shows your Ipod and see if it updates.
    the balloon says New Device Found. Then another one following it saying Unkown Device.
    there is no icon on Itunes.

Drift
    If your iPod is set for your computer at home and not at work, your work computer will erase everything off of it. It is set to do this to keep you from copying music. You can get an applicatiuon online called iPod Rip, and that will keep your Work computer from erasing your iPod

phebus
    Just break out in song, and you'll probably have more people volunteering to help you than you ever imagined. :rollside:

Acommanderguy
    Hmm has it worked before on that computer? Thats very odd That the Itunes is there and its not detecting the ipod. Bc usually There will be an icon that looks like an Ipod on the left hand side. Try restarting the comp and then open itunes then plug it in... Yes in that order. Sorry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast