Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Old School" Datsun 510

100+Placecraft
    72 Datsun 510 2dr bubble flares, L18, dual mikuni's,coilover front with Tokico's all the way around,new paint,konig rewind whieels,new tires,all new window and body rubber.
    Interior is pretty decent but needs a headliner, that I have new in a box.
    Andybody looking for an old school little hot rod that'll out handle just about every porsche out there. $5,500 OBO. I can e mail pics but I'm ***boat illiterate as far as posting pictures.
    310-787-7173 or e mail "amcclanahan@chevron.com"
    Thanks.

Paulie
    72 Datsun 510 2dr bubble flares, L18, dual mikuni's,coilover front with Tokico's all the way around,new paint,konig rewind whieels,new tires,all new window and body rubber.
    Andybody looking for an old school little hot rod that'll out handle just about every porsche out there. $5,500 OBO. I can e mail pics but I'm ***boat illiterate as far as posting pictures.
    Thanks.
    can you email pics to terlecky@gmail.com
    thanks

dmontzsta
    Post some pics of that bad boy. I would love to have one of these, always been a "dream" of mine.

OCMerrill
    If you email me the pics I can post them up for you.
    davemerrill@sbcglobal.net
    I am also interested...

Ryphraph
    There are not many cars that are more fun to drive...
    Ryph

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    My cousin used to build those. He had a nissan 6cyl witha huge turbo out of a diesel in it. He would handle anything that rolled up to him! The only issue was that he couldnt keep clutches in it he had to install a roll cage in it to keep the body from flexing
    Those cars look badass and they are rear wheel drive

OCMerrill
    Those cars look badass and they are rear wheel drive
    And the rear susp. is independent. Very state of the art for early 70's

andy01
    Would like to know the color and some other details, can you e-mail pictures to me as well? Andy871@msn.com
    Andy

100+Placecraft
    Pics sent

PaPaG
    Thanks.
    These things are the S@%$%t, I had built 13 of them back in my time. I used to work for Sunrise Z in Glendale, Ca. Had a '72 put a tilton eng. turbo motor, kept blowing head gaskets so we O-ringed the block and head and then kept blowing the rings then finally we designed a wastegate that worked, Also had a 72 that made it into Super Chevy Sunday (tells you how long ago) I had a Chevy 350LT-1 with a turbo 400 auto and a 200zx rear dif...that thing was the best sleeper until I started it or you looked at my license plate (DatChev)....Also made it in Car Craft Magazine with an articale from Hot Rod sitting on the hood stating you couldn't put a 350 V-8 in a 510...showed them...had a bunch with metal flairs and a few with fiberglass ones, also had stock bodies but lowered and 2.0 and 2.2's some 1.6 motors but the 1.8's were better to build. Anyway you just brought back so many memories...miss those cars...and yes we used to race Mulhulland drive and blow the doors off of most porches and bikes too......Good luck with the sale, wish I had the room would make this my 14th..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast