Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ramp stories

work2play
    What is the worst or funnest experience on the boat ramp? When I was young (21 looked 15) I went to a small reservoir opening day of fishing season. An old man was at the bottom of the narrow ramp in his tin can. His fishing line was in a knot and he was untangling it. And he wouldn't move off the ramp. I ask if I could pull his boat out of the way so everyone could launch. He said, not till he was finished untangling his line. I said fine, my boat is big and I'm launching right over the top of you, so I can fish now. As I walked up the ramp some fisherman asked me what I was going to do. I said, launch. I started backing down the ramp pretty fast. The old man in the tin can looked up at the biggest boat at the reservoir backing down on him pretty fast. The old man then yelled at the other fisherman and asked, Whats that kid doing? The fisherman said, I think that kid is launching whether you are there are not. The old man fell out of his tin can trying to scramble out of his boat to move it.

YeLLowBoaT
    "make it happen' captin"
    all i'm going to say.

sangervdrive
    About 10 years ago my dad pulled our family boat with a diesel '79ish Toronado. One day he put the boat in then went up to park and the ignition switch broke and he couldn't get the thing to shut off, we had almost nothing for tools and we ended up taking the aircleaner and a bunch of stuff off then finally he stopped the fuel somehow with the injectors, it was really funny at the time. Some guy kept yelling "Just pull the coil wire!" haha

Kim Hanson
    2 years ago I got to watch this guy put in a Glastron, he launched it and drove the trailer up for parking. He then made his way back down to his boat to see it sinking, his fellow passengers are saying grab the trailer Forrest Gump running for the truck and trailer, gets it back on the trailer and sits for 20 minutes letting the water out of it too funny, it gets better though owner gets the plug in and goes for a ride and comes back to the launch area, 20 ish guy that was with him took it for a rip then..buy then the owner was on the dock waiting for his boat This kid brought the boat in so fast it took out 3" of the nose on it and just about made the owner hit water on the other side of the launch ......( . )( . )...........This was it sinking I was sitting back lmao
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1171827743

Zaairman
    Few months ago we were coming in, and were behind a 28' Crownline(??) named "DA WRED ONE." Anyways, it just the father and his two sons, who couldn't have been more than 7. Dad goes to get the truck. It's a mid 90's Chevy 1500 reg cab short bed. Just the perfect tow truck for this huge boat. Backs it in the water, and positions junior at the trailer. Dad gets a GOOD running start at the trailer, along with booming rap music to make sure that he cannot hear his instructions. He hits the trailer with a pretty decent amount of speed, and MISSES the rubber bow stoper thing. Dad ask jr, if he's there yet, Jr replies, no daddy, you missed it. Dad procedes to GUN IT. Starts to push the trailer and truck forwards. I'm thinking jr is toast, cause he's about 2' from the bow. Finally, dad realizes that he's about to kill his son, stops, and actually listens to what his son is telling him.
    Another time, these people launched their aluminum fishing boat, and forgot to put somebody in it to bring it back to the dock.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Not funny to the owner but,,,,
    Several years ago, I was holding my boat at the dock at Elsinore. 2 guys are gettin ready to launch their tri-hull. One guy is backing the truck while the other is in the boat warming the motor as the whole rig is backing in (right next to me).
    As the unhooked boat gets ready to float, the guy pins the sticks and drives the tri-hull right over the front of the trailer and into the back of the truck smashing the shell camper and laying over one of the truck bed fenders!
    The driver starts yelling "oh shit, shit, shit!! I sat there watching in disbelief.
    Over the years I've helped countless people back and launch mostly so they wouldn't hit me and I love sitting by launch ramps watching the show.

when I was a kid we were at lake peris this girl had a stand up jetski in the back of a stationwagon. She had the back door laid down as she backed down the ramp ( at about 30 mph) she hit the brakes about half way down and out came the jetski. Must have bounced 5 times before it hit the water
    Dad and I couldn't stop laughing
    Another time at site six ( I have a million site six stories as I am sure we all do) a guy with an escalade put it in to far and his wife was going to fast and BANG time for a new back door on the escalade ..........sad but funny
    Personal favorite...........Site six again guy couldn't back his single axle seadoo trailer kept jacknifeing every 5 feet. took him about 10 min to go 30 feet (on a big weekend) every body laughin there ass off. Anyway he finaly got it close and jacked it again. Someone jumped off the pad and just pick up the damn trailer and put it straight so he could finish backing it up.. Funny shit right there.

jbone
    Back in my jet ski days, I launched 2 skis and tied them to the dock. When I got back they were both sitting on the bottom, still tied to the dock.
    Luckily, I acted fast. I drained the water, pulled the plugs and turned it over to get the wat out. After repeating this process about 30 times in 120 heat, I got one started. I handed it over to a friend and he took it out for about a 30 minute cruise. I repeated the process on the other ski and we were good for the rest of the weekend. I got lucky, but it was kinda funny in hind sight.
    J

jbone
    Another story.
    I watched a woman in a motorhome trying to back a trailer down the ramp for her guy that was in the boat.
    When she made the u-turn and started backing, the trailer jacknifed to the blind side and she pushed it about 30 feet all the way down the ramp. It was funny, because the trailer was skidding and bouncing as it went. The best part was this drunk guy (some stranger) kept telling her "your good, come on, your good."
    J

Another story.
    I watched a woman in a motorhome trying to back a trailer down the ramp for her guy that was in the boat.
    When she made the u-turn and started backing, the trailer jacknifed to the blind side and she pushed it about 30 feet all the way down the ramp. It was funny, because the trailer was skidding and bouncing as it went. The best part was this drunk guy (some stranger) kept telling her "your good, come on, your good."
    J
    on the motorhome thought I have seen atleast 3 motorhomes (older) with the door in the back go to far in the water and the water started flowing in thru the back dooor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast