Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to Find new/used 460 Ford Blowers?

atxwrangler
    [QUote ATX's blower kit came from a grenaded engine (not his )
    LO[/QUOTE]
    remember this!

Blown 472
    If you must have a blower, then look for the Blue Thunder blower manifold.
    We make our own blower intake manifolds from the lower section of the Offenhauser tunnel rams. Finished on last week and onto a motor it went. I'm going to get pic's of the fabrication of the next that we do. By the way, the blower intake in Unchained's pic is fabbed up from a Weiand T/R intake.
    But...as I originally stated..."if you must have a blower"... Why do you feel that you need one? How much HP are you shooting for? Do you realize that it would be in your best interest to completely rebuild the engine in such a way that you can be certain that it can take the abuse of a Roots blower on top? Are you aware of the regular maintenace required of such a monster engine? ATX's blower kit came from a grenaded engine (not his ) that was not up to the power handling of the blower's capability. You will be well advised to get special pistons, rods, and even rework the top end big time (the bottom end to keep the engine alive and the top end so that you don't leave so much HP on the table). So....we are talking $7000-$10000 to prepare the engine (blower not included), and then how many thousands more for the blower set up?
    If you will be happy with less than 1000HP, then just get a stroker kit and some heads and rebuild the engine. For little more than a pricey iron motor rebuild, you can have 800HP easy with a Ford. And maintenance will be far, far less than the blown setup.
    Of course, if you are shooting for 1500HP and higher, then I suppose a blower is in order. And hey man, I didn't know...it's just that...uhm...a blower motor doesn't sound like a good idea for a guy with 5 or less posts on ***boat who just bought a jet boat! I apologize in advance if I am being too assuming.
    LO
    Come on Lakes, dont be haten on the blower guys.

460rogers
    Found these on ebay a while back.
    From The blower shop.
    Do a search for -ford-460-blowers.
    They have them in stock still.
    http://members.aol.com/richmofo34/fordblower.jpg
    you said new or used.

I love it when guys with fancy blower motors want to race
    of couse they are usually handicapped due to their chevy brand blower motors.

Ken F
    Hey Dave, you're still alive!!!! LOL
    Ken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123