Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABSOLUTELY the Most Important Option

burtandnancy
    Been around boats a few years, been to at least 30 boat shows, and subscribe to many boating magazines; have seen the evolution of recreational and performance boats, bow riders and party/deck boats. See every concievable standard feature and option from cup holders, big motors, thru transom exhaust and labbed props. The one thing missing in the media and at the shows is something nearly all of us need/use and should have and that is the bimini. You can't boat on our desert lakes and rivers without some protection, but not all bimini's are the same. They need to be strong enough for our sustained high speeds, hold thier shape, not balloon up like a parachute or collapse on our head and not kill our cruising speed. Compared to the cost of other options, a bimini is cheap! And to me, who has owned at least 25 of them, the only people who make one worth while are my friends at Custom Canvas in Montclair. They sell thru the manufacturers or you can go direct to them. Don't leave home without one...

HOOTER SLED-
    Nice to have. I almost never use mine though. I like the sun. :rollside:

Throttle
    mmmmmmmm :idea:

phebus
    My bimini has straps at the front, and I need to have it changed to poles. At speed, the straps loosen, and the bimini starts flapping.

MagicMtnDan
    Biminis are necessary and look good when up but awful when they're not in use. Very few boat companies have come up with a clever solution for hiding them when they're not in use. It'd be nice to see more thought put into bimini storage (out of sight, out of mind).

phebus
    That's true, the one's I've seen that the bimini goes under the engine hatch, still leave the poles going back right along the back seat. Not good for the passengers.

SummitKarl
    My bimini has straps at the front, and I need to have it changed to poles. At speed, the straps loosen, and the bimini starts flapping.
    put a twist in your straps, that stops the flapping.

phebus
    put a twist in your straps, that stops the flapping.
    I always put a twist in the straps to stop them from flapping. What I'm talking about is the straps loosening, and the top flapping.

SummitKarl
    I always put a twist in the straps to stop them from flapping. What I'm talking about is the straps loosening, and the top flapping. OHHHHHH ....my Bad... how about less motor

riverracerx
    I love the electric bimini on the Magic 30' line. Those are trick!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast