Thread: Water Pressure

LUVNLIFE
    What kinda pressure should I be seeing on my gauge? I have thru hull pickup on a 27' Daytona. How about fluctuating pressure? If so what range should I be in? Thanks

79 HUSTLER
    What kinda pressure should I be seeing on my gauge? I have thru hull pickup on a 27' Daytona. How about fluctuating pressure? If so what range should I be in? Thanks
    I put a pressure relief valve after my oil cooler and have it set at 12psi and the motor seems to like that.. Befor the install my pressure was up to 32psi at some points and went through a few head gaskets and manifold gaskets..

T-Bag'n
    Mine was in the 22-25psi range until I put a relief valve in and have it about 14-16psi which is were a car cooling sys can run..I did have a problem with leaky intake gaskets.

LUVNLIFE
    Right on.I see a max of twelve to thirteen. I guess I'm safe, but it does fluctuate down to maybe like seven or eight. No over heating issues though. Does your guage fluctuate? I would think this has todo with the way the boat is riding. Thanks

Three Days Only
    Right on.I see a max of twelve to thirteen. I guess I'm safe, but it does fluctuate down to maybe like seven or eight. No over heating issues though. Does your guage fluctuate? I would think this has todo with the way the boat is riding. Thanks
    Mine used to fluctuate between 5 and 14#'s depending on speed obviously. It was very rare that both motors were pushing the same numbers either.

LUVNLIFE
    Mine used to fluctuate between 5 and 14#'s depending on speed obviously. It was very rare that both motors were pushing the same numbers either.
    Thanks Jeff. That is the range I'm in and I assume you didn't have any issues.