Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a So Cal welder

BrendellaJet
    I need to find someone in socal with a welder that can weld some mild steel tubing on a pair of seats. Tube is probably 3/4 inch and is pretty light weight. Can anyone recommend a shop or perhaps someone who owns a welder would be willing to do?

MikeF
    My roomate is going to Mammoth this weekend, so, maybe someone else if you need it right away. :squiggle: :mix:

BrendellaJet
    If he can do it then lets set something up. Let me know what works. Any luck with the barter payment?

I can't do anything right now ... but I can about a month from now ... we are in the middle of purchasing a fab shop in Mission Viejo ... but ecsrow doesn't close until the end of Feb ... if you still need it done, shoot me a PM ... otherwise, you could call Lenord of Lenord's Custom Fabrication in Fullerton @ (714) 526-7930 ... tell him Brian Busby told you to call ... he'll hook you up & is an awesome welder ... make sure you tell him I said you want the "good guy deal" ...
    Let me know ...
    Brian

BrendellaJet
    Thanks Busby, Ill check it out if Mike cant work the barter deal. I'll keep you in mind if I haven't got it done by the end of Feb. Are you handing out good guy deals too?

victorfb
    if the tubing is that thin, i would suggest sleeving it, either inside or outside the tube. if you cant find anyone local, let me know. but youll have to make a road trip to fallbrook.

BrendellaJet
    Thanks Vic. I was planning to sleave on the inside so all 3 pieces would be welded together. Does that sound okay? does it make a difference if I sleeved the outside?
    Nevermind, I just re-read your post, sounds like either will work.

Thanks Busby, Ill check it out if Mike cant work the barter deal. I'll keep you in mind if I haven't got it done by the end of Feb. Are you handing out good guy deals too?
    there's always a "good guy deal" for hot boaters in my world ... we're a dying breed ... gotta take care of the "good guys" ... we'll be having a grand opening for the new shop probably March 4th ... since you're local you should swing by ... I'll post up about it when the time comes ...
    Brian

victorfb
    Thanks Vic. I was planning to sleave on the inside so all 3 pieces would be welded together. Does that sound okay? does it make a difference if I sleeved the outside?
    Nevermind, I just re-read your post, sounds like either will work.
    make a sleeve that fits the inside diameter, drill a 1/4" hole just above and below the cut on the tubing needed to be welded. then insert the sleeve, weld it in place through the 1/4" hole leaving the cut on the tubing clean for welding. this will give you a clean weld. if you have it all ready to weld, bring it buy and ill do it while you wait. welding is quik, the prep work is what takes all the time.
    or if you can wait, Brian seems to be more than willing to help you out aswell. and brian, im not trying to step on your toes, just thought id through the offer out there in case he is in a hurry.

BrendellaJet
    Vic, is the 1/4 inch hole the only part that is welded? Will it penetrate between the two pieces or should the cut also be welded?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast