Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Glamis trip Feb 10-12th

Cole Trickle
    I wish...well sort of. Still waiting for a few things to come in the mail that I want to try out this weekend. Hopefully it will all get here before or by Wednesday.
    Did you manage to throw a stereo in the Rhino this weekend? I know what I want to do, just not sure about how I want to mount the speakers. I'm still shopping around for that part.
    What else are you trying this weekend?
    Stereo is mounted in the glovebox and I mounted 2 6x9's and 2 4" under the dash.(I can't give out all my secrets as the patents haven't come back yet )
    Nothing super special and I used stuff I had around the house.
    Sony CD player
    Eclipse speakers
    Monster FM transmitter for the Ipod
    It's loud and sounds decent for the $$ invested

casean
    What else are you trying this weekend?
    Stereo is mounted in the glovebox and I mounted 2 6x9's and 2 4" under the dash.(I can't give out all my secrets as the patents haven't come back yet )
    Nothing super special and I used stuff I had around the house.
    Sony CD player
    Eclipse speakers
    Monster FM transmitter for the Ipod
    It's loud and sounds decent for the $$ invested
    I'm waiting on a K&N filter, outerwear, larger intake snorkel (off ebay), and a Dynojet kit. I'm not looking for this to yeild me any huge power gains, but I am hopping that it increases/improves throttle response. Will see.
    At least you'll have some tunes out there. You'll have to keep it turned up so we can hear it while cruisingaround No need to give out all your secrets. I'll just make sure to take a few spy photos when your not looking :crossx:

Ivan Dan
    I will be here all week long!!!!
    No time to drink Dr. Pepper we gots houses to sell!!!! (An agent is bringing his client by after 5:30pm so I will dress all sexy and try to sway there decision)
    Hows the Rhino?
    Ya I talked to that agent earlier he said his clients showed a lot of interest in your place. I will let you know if I hear back from him.
    That place on Yucca is NICCCCEEEEEE. Call my home office when you get this 951-371-6262 I wanted to talk to you about it.
    Rhino is ok....the first one I picked up (my bro's) was good but the second one I picked up (mine) has quite a few scratches on the plastic which are on all the fenders, hood and cage. The guys I bought em from said he will make sure it gets handled one way or the other. I'm hoping they will cut me a check for new plastic and I will just use that $$ to have this set painted. We shall see....either way its fun I drove it up to check out that house.

Cole Trickle
    I'm waiting on a K&N filter, outerwear, larger intake snorkel (off ebay), and a Dynojet kit. I'm not looking for this to yeild me any huge power gains, but I am hopping that it increases/improves throttle response. Will see.
    At least you'll have some tunes out there. You'll have to keep it turned up so we can hear it while cruisingaround No need to give out all your secrets. I'll just make sure to take a few spy photos when your not looking :crossx:
    Sounds good.... :crossx:
    I will make sure I pull it into the trailer with me at night to keep the excitement level high.
    I think it looks OK but it is nothing like Tobteks :220v:
    On a side note I flipped around my wheels and it gave me almost a 10" difference in width.(You could feel a difference driving it around on concrete)

casean
    Sounds good.... :crossx:
    On a side note I flipped around my wheels and it gave me almost a 10" difference in width.(You could feel a difference driving it around on concrete)
    Are you running the stock wheels and tires this weekend? I've read that they perform pretty good in the sand. Either way it's going to be fun.
    Temps for this weekend are in the low 80's, so the old CRF might be sitting at camp a little more than usual this time out. It's allot cooler to dune in shorts and a t-shirt, then riding gear

Cole Trickle
    Are you running the stock wheels and tires this weekend? I've read that they perform pretty good in the sand. Either way it's going to be fun.
    Temps for this weekend are in the low 80's, so the old CRF might be sitting at camp a little more than usual this time out. It's allot cooler to dune in shorts and a t-shirt, then riding gear
    Stock wheels and tires (I will probably run them at 5psi)
    It will be interesting to see how they all perform with different wheels and tires with the same power levels.
    I will be running the stock wheels and tires for a couple months.(They look alot better sticking out of the fender :crossx: )
    I have a feeling we will be doing lots of cruising/duning along with the occasional refreshment break!! :rollside:
    Did you already put the CDI on? I will probably wait until after I drive it for half a day before I put it on.

casean
    I have a feeling we will be doing lots of cruising/duning along with the occasional refreshment break!! :rollside:
    Did you already put the CDI on? I will probably wait until after I drive it for half a day before I put it on.
    I'm probably going to make Friday our Rhino driving day. Then split it up on Saturday between the bikes and Rhino.
    The CDI was the first thing I put on :crossx: How ever I didn't run it very hard out in Ocotillo. I tried to follow the break-in procedure for the most part. I put quite a few hours on it that weekend, so I won't be as nice to it this weekend. I would just throw it on. Just try to stay out of the throttle for the first part of the day

Magic34
    So what do you do? Just take the wheel off and turn it around?
    OMF is 3 weeks out for my wheels and I only ordered them a week ago, so I'm rolling stock. PRP is 3 weeks out on the new seats and rear bench. You know, everything is 3 weeks out.

WetWillie
    Or what.. Maybe you can come to SD and teach Tball for me.

unleashed
    Well it looks like I will be in Glamis this weekend and next as well. Come by and say hi...you know where I'll be!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast