Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Glamis trip Feb 10-12th

Mrs. casean
    We should be safe in the Washes, I think we need to worry more about crashing into our own stuff......have you seen Lindsay drive..???? :crossx: :crossx:
    J/k Linds.
    You'll be amazed at the difference the CDI makes.
    :argue: Hey Now!!! I brought Amy back safe and sound after our golf cart/Rhino/Jeep excursion

Cole Trickle
    We should be safe in the Washes, I think we need to worry more about crashing into our own stuff......have you seen Lindsay drive..???? :crossx: :crossx:
    J/k Linds.
    You'll be amazed at the difference the CDI makes.
    I will make sure I bring lots of cones!!! :crossx: :220v:
    I haven't even see my Rhino since the day I picked it up.It has been stuck in the trailer stored at my dads sideyard.(It's been started 2X and driven less than a mile)
    This weekend is Rhino and Trailer weekend.

Cole Trickle
    No kidding! Sometimes I make it till 3 am (not in a while) other times I'm falling asleep making dinner I give up... maybe I'm getting old
    Just kidding As long as there is action going on at the fire... I last much later We should be far enough from the crazies on the road... And the mini dunes are fun!
    I will bring the camera and get some shots of you and Sean launching the new toy while trying out the newer roll cage!!

Mrs. casean
    I will bring the camera and get some shots of you and Sean launching the new toy while trying out the newer roll cage!!
    Please do! But I doubt I'd be in it if he's going to be testing out the cage I got out of it this past weekend so he could go up a sketchy hill... I saw wheels popping up and my friend holding it down... I am a chicken
    I'm bringing the video camera and regular camera... I'm sure we'll have some good shots out there whether it's in the Rhinos or at camp

casean
    The washes are actually easier to get in and out of with less chance of getting stuck. Gecko is nice on the pad(sand over a rubber mat) but you can still get stuck there because there is a lot less turning room, basically a paved road with pads on either side and then deep sand after that. If you get in a tight spot on Gecko it's no fun to get out. The only time I've ever been stuck in Glamis in my 4x4 and the WW was off gecko, got to a spot where the road was blocked and I didn't have enough room to get through, I tried to cut across a small sandy spot and that was it, had to get towed out backwards. On Gecko the rule is you have to have your rig at least 10 feet off the pavement. The washes are hard pack dirt at the edge of the dunes, they stay hard pack until you get right up against the dunes, lots and lots of mohos stay in the washes. The washes are a lot easier to maneuver around in, the only thing is that it gets dusty if the wind picks up. I know you're a little gun shy about getting stuck but the guys going out to save the spot have a 40 foot + WW similar to yours so I know they'll pick a good spot. You're free to do what you want but I really think the washes are a better bet for the trip and all the 2 wheel drive moho's and trucks.
    Just my opinion. I'll ttry and find some pics to show you Gecko vs. the washes.
    Chris
    He's right about this. The washes are definitely easier to maneuver around in. The ground is pretty hard packed there, as long as you don't venture too far back towards the dunes.
    After seeing this list of trucks, trailers and rigs coming, I'd have to say it would be pretty impossible to find a spot off of Gecko for all of us. Even if we could find a spot, we would be spread out over a 1/4 of a mile down Gecko :yuk:

Mrs. casean
    One day and a week to go! I need to start my grocery list So far the weather is great out there! Let's hope it stays this way!

Ivan Dan
    I will make sure to unload my Rhino as I am pulling in and have Jen pull out my little truck if I get stuck.(I have yet to get stuck in a 2wd at Dumont or Glamis)
    You just jinxed yourself saying this!! :crossx: I'm jealous you guys are gonna have a blast. I'm in on the next trip for sure.

Cole Trickle
    You just jinxed yourself saying this!! :crossx: I'm jealous you guys are gonna have a blast. I'm in on the next trip for sure.
    :crossx: :cry:
    We were thinking about trying to get a little trip together the weekend after Presidents.(Maybe Dumont)
    Get that hitch put in and drag the trailer out.

Magic34
    I may be out.... FU(&*#$* Weekend Warrior draggin their feet on the warranty approval process.
    Toys are a pain in the ass and not even worth it anymore. I'm selling everything and sitting my ass at home!

Cole Trickle
    I may be out.... FU(&*#$* Weekend Warrior draggin their feet on the warranty approval process.
    Toys are a pain in the ass and not even worth it anymore. I'm selling everything and sitting my ass at home!
    Sucks...
    Weather looks to be around 82 degrees and sunny
    You would think that WW would have a trailer they could loan you when yours is in the shop.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast