Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What"s Up With The Spam Section??

HocusPocus
    if your expecting crowds to drop on any weekend in havi... fah-get about it. this is why i gave up weekends along time ago.. we get in sunday afternoon and leave friday morning.
    im glad im not selling anything this year

Sandbar Mike
    I cant believe all of the nice late model boats being put up for sale, some priced well and some not, but damn it seems to me that a lot of the HBer's are selling out. Is it just tired of boating, the price of fuel, or the inflation on every single thing we now buy ? Maybe the equity lines have dried up or folks have over extended themselves I guess. Maybe riding that fine line HUH?? I wonder if the lake will be less crowded this year because of these things, naw, I doubt that but one can hope. NSF
    I think we are all just trying to sell our boats so we can step up to a Magic Deckboat!

SummitKarl
    everyone has their own reasons for selling, some to move up some to move out and so on,
    but yes it does seem to be less crowded each year on the lake, up till 2000 a 20' boat was fine for the lake, then the boom of big boats and hit and even a 23' was pushing it for safety/comfort..it all seemed to peek about 2004, and 2005 was better, last summer there definitely were less boats than years past

SummitKarl
    I can speak only for us. We are definately not over extended but on a single income somthing has to go in order to get a bigger house at home. When our play house that we paid pennies for is nicer, bigger, newer, better floor plan than our main residence it gets discouraging to go home from the river. Our goal is to find a bigger house without having to sell anything but the main house, but we are finding out that you get what you pay for. Our MAJOR downfall is that we have high standards and I am not a general contractor. My .02. Nick
    THATS THE POINT OF IT.......
    hell just returning to the smog, crowds and traffic was depressing enough for me to get out of S.D.

jbtrailerjim
    everyone has their own reasons for selling, some to move up some to move out and so on,
    but yes it does seem to be less crowded each year on the lake, up till 2000 a 20' boat was fine for the lake, then the boom of big boats and hit and even a 23' was pushing it for safety/comfort..it all seemed to peek about 2004, and 2005 was better, last summer there definitely were less boats than years past
    Well hopefully this summer will be even better than last. I took a break from Havasu last summer (been going since 86) and actually was going to sell my boat. I was really sick of the crowds and there seemed to be more and more idiots and dirtbags out on the lake. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old. After a lot of thought though, I decided to keep the boat and I am going to give it a go again this summer. My wife and my two boy's really love going and I didn't want to take that away from them.

cdog
    I can speak only for us. We are definately not over extended but on a single income somthing has to go in order to get a bigger house at home. When our play house that we paid pennies for is nicer, bigger, newer, better floor plan than our main residence it gets discouraging to go home from the river. Our goal is to find a bigger house without having to sell anything but the main house, but we are finding out that you get what you pay for. Our MAJOR downfall is that we have high standards and I am not a general contractor. My .02. Nick
    Your boat is awesome. If I could use it I'd buy it. We have to squeeze out 2 kids over the next couple of years. Gonna b busy.
    When I buy our next boat we most likely will be going with a deck boat due to the family. But I may be picking up another Schiada V- drive sometime soon so you never know.

Relaxalot
    We are selling our boat because we have our eyes on a new rig. We want to stay a part of crowding problem but be a bigger part.

vee-driven
    Your boat is awesome. If I could use it I'd buy it. We have to squeeze out 2 kids over the next couple of years. Gonna b busy.
    When I buy our next boat we most likely will be going with a deck boat due to the family. But I may be picking up another Schiada V- drive sometime soon so you never know.
    speaking of spam and schiada v-drives, i got one for sale with a new price of $25k, i am selling it because the next thing you know i had 3 boats and i only need 1, and eventually i want a magic party cat anyways.

TOBTEK
    We are selling our boat because we have our eyes on a new rig. We want to stay a part of crowding problem but be a bigger part.
    Dan the man, what do you have your eye on?

cdog
    speaking of spam and schiada v-drives, i got one for sale with a new price of $25k, i am selling it because the next thing you know i had 3 boats and i only need 1, and eventually i want a magic party cat anyways.
    My dad and I have been talking about your boat. We're waiting till he gets his 06 bonus and when I sell the 29 Shockwave to see if we can do it. Maybe..............Just Maybe..............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast