Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What"s Up With The Spam Section??

dumbandyoung
    everyone has their own reasons for selling, some to move up some to move out and so on,
    but yes it does seem to be less crowded each year on the lake, up till 2000 a 20' boat was fine for the lake, then the boom of big boats and hit and even a 23' was pushing it for safety/comfort..it all seemed to peek about 2004, and 2005 was better, last summer there definitely were less boats than years past
    I would defiantly agree that it was less crowded last year. Especially on the holiday weekends. I mostly stay on the river up by needles or sandbar and I noticed a drop from the few years before. I remember back when I couldn't get a spot on the beach. Last year the Ez- Ups were spread out. I wouldnt. If any thing i hope the seadoo crowd dies down. Its gotten to be fockin crazy in the last few years..my .02

Not So Fast
    I would defiantly agree that it was less crowded last year. Especially on the holiday weekends. I mostly stay on the river up by needles or sandbar and I noticed a drop from the few years before. I remember back when I couldn't get a spot on the beach. Last year the Ez- Ups were spread out. I wouldnt. If any thing i hope the seadoo crowd dies down. Its gotten to be fockin crazy in the last few years..my .02
    I really dont know how anybody can say it was less crowded last year, especially on Havasu. We have been here 5 years now and without a doubt it has gotten more crowded each year and I spend a lot of time at the Windsor Ramp so I have seen it with my own eyeballs. Saturdays last year were so bad that the ramp was closed on any given Saturday usually by 12 at the latest and when they werent they were so crowded that it was a nightmare of which I have no desire to be part of. Being retired does have its advantages I guess because I usually boat during the week and even then its sometimes crowded. No SORRY,but Idont buy that it is less crowded, and dont tell me about Mohave, its worse on the ramps there!! NSF

ChumpChange
    I want a bigger boat. You should always sell things when you don't need to. That way you can wait to get your price.

AFD
    I can speak only for us. We are definately not over extended but on a single income somthing has to go in order to get a bigger house at home. When our play house that we paid pennies for is nicer, bigger, newer, better floor plan than our main residence it gets discouraging to go home from the river. Our goal is to find a bigger house without having to sell anything but the main house, but we are finding out that you get what you pay for. Our MAJOR downfall is that we have high standards and I am not a general contractor. My .02. Nick
    If you arent over extended why not take an equity line on your primary residence to use as a down payment on the new house, and rent the one you are in now.
    I have no idea where you live or how the rental market is there, but if you have equity in your home it would make sense.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Im selling mine to get a bigger boat Maybe even a deck

Relaxalot
    Dan the man, what do you have your eye on?
    Looking at a new Howard, Conquest, Magic, Shockwave Deck or ? Deck. Right now I am in tire kicker Toby mode but I am looking...I thought my boat would fly off the shelf and that would give me the green light. I do not want two boats in the garage.
    Dan Zachary( phoenetically and genetically superior brother)

mrs.rvrluvr
    Looking at a new Howard, Conquest, Magic, Shockwave Deck or ? Deck. Right now I am in tire kicker Toby mode but I am looking...I thought my boat would fly off the shelf and that would give me the green light. I do not want two boats in the garage.
    Dan Zachary( phoenetically and genetically superior brother)
    our conquest is in the spam we would love to sell it to you so we can buy tobys boat.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Looking at a new Howard
    Just took delivery of a Howard Sportdeck in December. If you've got any questions let me know. Gene and Mike at Howard, in addition to everyone else, were great to work with and they build a phenomenal boat.
    If you go the Howard route from what I understand if you were to order today you would not get it delivered until sometime in July due to current orders…..But that should not discourage you.....

Tom Brown
    I'm surprised you were able to find any boats in the spam section.
    What that section really needs are categories for different items. If we encourage ***boat to set up a more organized system, I'm sure it would be extremely popular.

Member: 7673
    everyone has their own reasons for selling, some to move up some to move out and so on,
    but yes it does seem to be less crowded each year on the lake, up till 2000 a 20' boat was fine for the lake, then the boom of big boats and hit and even a 23' was pushing it for safety/comfort..it all seemed to peek about 2004, and 2005 was better, last summer there definitely were less boats than years past
    I must be hanging out in the wrong spots
    We are talking about Havasu...Right??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast