Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PSI blower

Craig
    Saw a guy out on Lake Pleasant yesterday that had an Edge jetboat, it sounded really mean. Closer inspection revealed a PSI screw supercharger eek! He said it was a new second design Norm Drazy came out with and that he could easily make 20 pounds of boost with very little heat put to the intake charge. Down side was that the whole set up cost about 8500 bucks! Never did see how it ran hard though. The lake was a little too choppy for his boat.
    Craig

superdave013
    Ron Cook @ RB Performance in Parker has a used one for sale. It's set up for blown gas. Comes with a sheet metal intake too.

S.C.A.F
    They suck as far as fuel distribution
    It has melted a shit load of pistons on me!!!!
    Would not recomend that thing to my mother in law

Unchained
    S.C.A.F:
    Would not recomend that thing to my mother in lawI met a drag boat racer at Blarney Island that said the same thing about his PSI blower.

superdave013
    Unchained:
    S.C.A.F:
    Would not recomend that thing to my mother in lawI met a drag boat racer at Blarney Island that said the same thing about his PSI blower.I've lost lots of races to guys that were running those! But now that I think about it they were running down nozzels too.

Cheyenne 572
    For those people who have melted piston's using a PSI then i say learn how to tune them and then there will be no problem's. There is about 4or5 PSI's out running the AZ lake's and they are fine plus one is running fuel injection to boot and it run's like a raped ape.So don't bad mouth PSI's just because of bad tuning or the lack of knowledge or know how. Later
    Cheyenne 572

Clown
    Cheyenne 572:
    For those people who have melted piston's using a PSI then i say learn how to tune them and then there will be no problem's. There is about 4or5 PSI's out running the AZ lake's and they are fine plus one is running fuel injection to boot and it run's like a raped ape.So don't bad mouth PSI's just because of bad tuning or the lack of knowledge or know how. Later
    Cheyenne 572Lack of tuning abilities! I think not.
    Have a friend that runs a psi .
    The same guy superdave talked about at blarneys.
    He has EGT on each cyl
    and the temps R all over the place.
    He has talked to PSI and they are aware of the distrabution problem.
    Every one that has one has told us the same thing.
    I should refraze that. Every one that is trying to make H.P. has the same problem!
    Yes your correct when the thing is working correct it does run like rape date>>>>>>>>>...
    So if you have a psi ,And your making Big H.P.
    Fill some of us less fortunet losers in PLEASE!

Cheyenne 572
    Ok no need to get mad. I do run big HP at the races in IHBA under BGJ or should i say i did but know i'm back on the lake.The best run i made in the 1/4 mile was 7.54 at 140 mph in my Cheyenne pickelfork jet powered of course.My tuner was Dan Nelson from JETT PERFORMANCE MARINE and he has the BGJ record in IHBA.We ran EGT's to on all eight cylinder's and there temp's were around 1400 to 1500 and the piston's are fine.So i don't know who your tune-up guy is and i really don't care but i can only tell you we never had those problem's.Yes i know Rodger and Norm very well oh yes they own PSI.Vertion well i'd be looking at your intake manifold there be your problem that or your bottom plate.Later
    Cheyenne 572

Clown
    7:54 in a 1/4 mile is haulin balls.
    Damn !!!
    If you dont mind me askin what kinda setup did you run on that motor?
    Carbs , Fuel injection , What kinda boost #s
    Like I say Its a Friends Deal and would like to try to help him out .
    He does have one real big problem, He wants to ski behind this boat on the weakends.
    And I keep tellin him thats the problem you can't have the best of both worlds.

J540
    Every body has a friend that has a friend,like the other guy said get some one that knows how to tune one, b4 you put one on. by the way my friend has 2 efi psi's not one prob;accpept grandpa does not want them sticking out of the hatch any more 2 loud.may go 2 quad rotor whipple's. burning pistons ? maybe 2 lean ?.HAY unchained did you ever find out that air going through an intercooler is not measured in mph. but in cfm.y dont you e-mail me some time. johntreena@sbcglobal.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast