Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camless Engine

STROKER ACE
    What does every body think bout servos to run your valves? Think bout it the pos. are endless the guys at the shop and I have talked bout it before the ideas are endless.

Wet Dream
    Ther has been talk about this on another board that I read, and they are running with magnetic servos that can keep up with any high rpm engine, the only drawback so far is the 36 volt requirement to run this type of system. There goes the weight savings. But it would be a hell of an idea.

MikeF
    Using a carburator it would probably be easier to make work as there would only be the programming of the valve lift/duration/position and ignition timing into the computer for high performance applications. Being able to adj valve position for best performance through the R's sounds pretty cool!
    Not really sure about the N/O,N/C setup for the valves though (probably N/O). Failure could be costly. Blown head gasket or bent valves eek! .

AZKC
    Three rotor Mazda's, they got no valves spin 10k rpm, slap a big turbo on it makes an easy 400-500 reliable hp. Somebody needs to slap one in a flatty see what it'll do.
    KC

Wet Dream
    Those rotarys definately have the zip, but I wonder about the ability to produce the torque needed to get the thing out of the hole quickly.

RH
    If I remember right there was a formula 1 team a few years back that had an engine that had pneumatic operated valves good for 16k rpm .
    [ November 30, 2002, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: RH ]

STROKER ACE
    You could go from mild to wild with a disk.
    E.F.I.
    turbo
    blown
    anything you wanted
    water injection

lghtnin33
    have any of you read anything about the spherical roller valvetrain? there is a cool article in popular hotrodding under the title of "look mom no camshaft".

TheDude7667
    Are you talking about the rotary valves. I heard those have problems with sealing the combustion chamber.

burbanite
    RH:
    If I remember right there was a formula 1 team a few years back that had an engine that had pneumatic operated valves good for 16k rpm .Pneumatic valves are the standard these days, 18k+ is common.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast