Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to everyone who showed.....

BILLY.B
    This deal was "OFF THE HOOK". To have the day (weather & friends) show up for this was super. This benefit for Nick raised just over $25,000 as of last night after the auction had closed. There are still people who had reserverd shirts online who we have not gotten cks from yet but when we do it should be well over that. Thanks to everyone who brought out there stuff to show. For putting this deal together in less then a month it was really great to see the generosity that everybody showed for Nick. Thanks to Dave and Ambra for all there help and there friendship in donating the lake and the side dishes. Craig & Tony for the event shirts. Geoff Krutsger for the hard work in getting the flyers done. Dennis Claugtery from Farmer John who donated all the hot dogs and sausage at this event. Allen's Fasteners (Allen & Roy) for the great breakfast. Jim Griffin for the chap sticks with Nick's boat on them (big hit). Dave Rankin and his in ground turkeys and everyone who donated stuff for the auction. The auction was off the hook. EXAMPLE!!!!. The "UP'S & DOWN" poster sold for $375.00. Hard to say who traveled the furthest but the person who traveled the furthest with a boat had to go to Pete Kimball. Pete lives in St George UT and just loves being involved and hanging out. Giving Pete's health issues (back) this was a great surprize. Thanks again guys and gals it was really great to see. You should all be happy with the turn out.

Sangerboy
    We had a blast Chiefy, GREAT JOB!!!!Great weather, great friends, great cause and great machinery

vdriver4ever
    Wow back in Idaho and its damn cold...
    Billy I sure had a great time yesterday at Irvine. My dad picked me up at the airport and asked if I got to see some nice boats? I said I sure did, but I got to see some even better friends....
    I am jacked that you made that much for Nick. Did I over pay for the ups and downs poster?
    Oh and sorry for my brother RCL who still likes to smile and show off his package.

dossangers
    Had a great Time good to see everybody !!

D Ginny
    Wow thats was a great event and we had a great time and everyone was very helpful answering any questions. Just to see how generous the V-drive community is was pretty amazing.

Schiada Time
    I had an awesome time. It was good to finally meet you Billy B and raz John Boyer a little. Great cause, awesome boats and hot rods and it was good to see friends. I oriinally planned to stay until about 11 but wound up rolling out about 4:00. It was a great day and definitely got my bloood flowing for that second boat which I hope will be a Sanger flat. It was also good to see Rolf and Dave Sammons and thanks for the propeller tips.
    ST

dmontzsta
    I agree, it was a great time. That guac was off the hook.

Dave Sammons
    NICE JOB!! To everybody involved with putting the event together. Being in the "Special Events" business I truly know how much effort goes into pulling off an event like this. There is no doubt in my mind that not only will the money raised go along way to helping Nick's expenses, but, I gotta believe the spirit in which is was given will go along way to lift not only Nick's spirits, but the rest of his Family's as well. It was good to see Tony in person and just give him a hug and let him know we were all thinking and praying for them.
    As always, it was GREAT to see all my v-drive brothers. I had a FANTASTIC time! You gotta admit...We do have a cast of CHARACTERS in our Family!!!
    ALSO...
    I inventoried all the Event T-Shirts this morning, and here's what's left....
    THE FOLLOWING IN WHITE....
    1 MED
    1 LARGE
    1 XL
    14 XXL
    8 XXXL
    9 YOUTH SMALL
    THE FOLLOWING IN BLACK....
    1 SMALL
    1 LARGE
    2 XL
    25 XXL
    6 XXXL
    I'll be taking them to Ming, come see us in the Traffic Cone/SHAZAM pit!
    Wouldn't it be GREAT if we could come together once a year to raise money to help one or more of our guys that had been hurt the previous year??? If anybody wants to move forward with this idea, I'll volunteer to be a part of the organizing commitee! I'd vote to do it every February out at Irvine with Dave's blessing! Just a thought....
    Dave

dmontzsta
    damn, I wanted a XL white too, they didnt have any at the gate. Damn you Dave! Its ok, I like my black shirt too.

JakeC.
    gas for the drive down $75
    down pedal assembly and wing at the auction $595
    being able to help out one of the greatest boat guys there is, pricless.
    this was the problablt the best vebt that i have ever been to. the weather was great as was the turn out. thanks to everyone who put this deal together. and i hope nick gets well soon so that he can join all of us friends at the next great event. Jake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast