Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy with the boat bug.

Biglue
    I have a friend who has recently been hit with the boat bug. He is looking into buying a boat and decided he wants to buy a boat.
    My advice to him was to start inexpensive so he doesn't go all out and over spend on a boat he may get bored with. What other advice would you offer your friend in the same situation? What are some production boats anyone would really recommend to stay away from......besides Bayliner? (for the smart asses)
    He wants to be able to tow a wake boarder or skier and just troll around. I have recommended the nicer of the production boats like Sea Ray, Crownline, and Chapparal. What else gang?
    Thanks in advance.
    Louie.

Flashover
    I have a friend who has recently been hit with the boat bug. He is looking into buying a boat and decided he wants to buy a boat.
    My advice to him was to start inexpensive so he doesn't go all out and over spend on a boat he may get bored with. What other advice would you offer your friend in the same situation? What are some production boats anyone would really recommend to stay away from......besides Bayliner? (for the smart asses)
    He wants to be able to tow a wake boarder or skier and just troll around. I have recommended the nicer of the production boats like Sea Ray, Crownline, and Chapparal. What else gang?
    Thanks in advance.
    Louie.
    Rinker and Rienell make real good boats for the first timer.. :crossx:

LAFD
    how bout a southwind jetboat :crossx: . pull my buddy wakeboardin all the time.

jackpunx
    I have a stoker for sale

LAFD
    I have a stoker for sale
    you arent sellin your stoker are you mark?cuz youd be crazy to if you were.

NOTALENT
    I have a stoker for sale
    your selling it??? :jawdrop:

ULTRA28
    Buy used to start out. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of used boats available in the next three weeks. Some only one year old. I know we have at least five coming in here. I'm sure everybody will be taking in lots of trades in the next few weeks.

jackpunx
    We have two of them.. the one that is for sale is the 20' with the 2.5 on it..
    seats 6
    clean clean gel coat.. very fast and reliable..
    and it comes with magazine spreads of its win as #22 in the parker 300 for its first and only race..
    but.. everything is for sale at the right price..
    So .. If you know someone who can handle big power and has a wallet to kick it with..
    My other boat is for sale too or trade for plane

Cole1313
    Tell him first off to stay away from the production boats. Remember he is your buddy and you are going to have to be seen with him. LOL
    Seriously though, I had a guy in the office trying to go the same route, till I showed him a used Ultra open bow. More horse power, better feel, better finishing all around. I am not a big Ultra fan but it fit this guys needs perfectly. Now he does not have a boat that looks like everyone else's at the lake.

lucky
    Thanks in advance.
    Louie.
    with that advice , he calls you a friend ???? lol
    hell - is he in the market for a dodge ? lmao

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast