Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ? about the "organized" Rhino runs....

DILLIGAF
    When the Dam Runs were started we had a good turnout and then after a few more the boats/crowds were getting bigger, fast. At that time it started to be a liability issue where permits and insurance were starting to be required. Not worth it to me so basically they faded away. Pretty much the same thing (generally) happened to the OP6's. They were so much fun but the liability issue became a real threat and it wasn't worth the risk.
    After reading about the accident on the Rhino Run this weekend (glad it was just mechanical and nobody was hurt) and the Rhino Runs being "organized" are you worried about liability issues at all?
    Just wondering out loud as it seems to be a lot of people and potential for problems regardless of how many people enjoy the "event". It only takes one knucklehead to ruin it for everybody and possibly bring someone to their knees finacially.

djunkie
    Your bumming me out man!!!:devil:

DILLIGAF
    Your bumming me out man!!!:devil:
    Sorry DJ...not my intention, just thinking out loud. Maybe it is different for on the water as the Coast Guard gets involved as far as impeding the waterways, etc.
    Today there are some many ****s out there that ruin things for everybody else.

djunkie
    Sorry DJ...not my intention, just thinking out loud. Maybe it is different for on the water as the Coast Guard gets involved as far as impeding the waterways, etc.
    Today there are some many ****s out there that ruin things for everybody else.
    I do know what your saying though Tom. It only takes 1 person to ruin it for everyone else.

phebus
    I have wondered the same thing, and I don't ever want to see anyone get burned, so, is there an attorney on this site that can explain, at what point when organizing an event, does the organizer accept liability for what happens at the event. I'm sure it's a gray area, but there must be something that seperates a fun ride amongst a group of friends, from what the law considers something more.

DILLIGAF
    I have wondered the same thing, and I don't ever want to see anyone get burned, so, is there an attorney on this site that can explain, at what point when organizing an event, does the organizer accept liability for what happens at the event. I'm sure it's a gray area, but there must be something that seperates a fun ride amongst a group of friends, from what the law considers something more.
    For the Dam Runs it was the fact there was a stated time of departure and a schedule of events. Then the ? becomes who "organized" the "event". Throw in shirts touting the "event" and there you go....

Havasu_Dreamin
    Having never participated in a Rhino Run or a Dam Run for various reasons here is my perspective on thse informal-but somewhat formal-but still informal events:
    It is my hope that anyone participating in these events understand that they are just for fun and not a real organized event and that any mis-haps are part of using your own equipment and as such should be handled accordingly. In other words, grow a sack and realize that sh!t happens and there is no need to sue someone.....I know that some serious stuff could happen that would/could warrant some liability issues but at the end of the day everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions.....
    That's my $.05 as a non-participant.....I'll go get my firesuit on for the flame war.....

djunkie
    Having never participated in a Rhino Run or a Dam Run for various reasons here is my perspective on thse informal-but somewhat formal-but still informal events:
    It is my hope that anyone participating in these events understand that they are just for fun and not a real organized event and that any mis-haps are part of using your own equipment and as such should be handled accordingly. In other words, grow a sack and realize that sh!t happens and there is no need to sue someone.....I know that some serious stuff could happen that would/could warrant some liability issues but at the end of the day everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions.....
    That's my $.05 as a non-participant.....I'll go get my firesuit on for the flame war.....
    I agree with you 1000000000%. Unfortunately there are people in this world who would see it as an oportunity.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I agree with you 1000000000%. Unfortunately there are people in this world who would see it as an oportunity.
    Us Howard peeps need to stick together But you are right, there are way too many opportunists out there.....

DILLIGAF
    Yep...couldn't agree more with you however............
    then reality sets in AFTER THE FACT and someone pays the price financially and IMO unfairly based on some asshole taking aggressive action.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast