Thread: It's called CALEA people...

Racer277
    It's been around for a long time, on every voice switch you use.
    It is the software that allows key words to be targeted and recorded in phone conversations.
    It's the software that allows the L(aw) E(nforcement) A(gency) to determine where your cell phone is within a few hundred feet (GPS enabled or not).
    It's the software that allows the phone company to turn on your cell phone if you have turned it off.
    There's more to it than that.
    I don't know why it's such a big deal all of a sudden.
    You already have zero privacy, get over it.

SummitKarl
    It's been around for a long time, on every voice switch you use.
    It is the software that allows key words to be targeted and recorded in phone conversations.
    It's the software that allows the L(aw) E(nforcement) A(gency) to determine where your cell phone is within a few hundred feet (GPS enabled or not).
    It's the software that allows the phone company to turn on your cell phone if you have turned it off.
    There's more to it than that.
    I don't know why it's such a big deal all of a sudden.
    You already have zero privacy, get over it.
    DAMMIT SEAN............are you peeking in my window again :redface:

C-2
    I agree, as long as it takes down crack heads and bomb making idiots, who cares what they listen to.
    Ever listen to cellular calls - the same ole' crap, different ole' lady. :220v: :220v: :220v:

Ziggy
    I agree, as long as it takes down crack heads and bomb making idiots, who cares what they listen to.
    Ever listen to cellular calls - the same ole' crap, different ole' lady. :220v: :220v: :220v:
    May as well let 'em turn on the phone cameras while we're at it...lets not leave anything out.
    What needs to be done is keep most people off their cells while driving...I'm 10 out of 10 lately on spotting yappin and driving, 55-60 in the left lane and head bobbing......its dangerous. same people probably can't chew gum and rub their tummies either

Huckleberry
    If you aren't plotting to fly a 737 into a skyskraper, you have nothing to worry about. Big Brother doesn't give a crap if you need to pick up milk, are mad at your ex-wife, or are having an affair. If you're worried about them hearing that, get over it. Listen away and catch the terrorist bastards!

Seadog
    Anyone with the right equipment, can listen to any of your cell calls, copy your cell information and clone it, listen to you home phone, clone your garage door opener, etc. Your medical records can be looked at, your bank records, credit cards, etc. Unless all your information is only on paper and in your possesion, under lock and key, it is not safe. And even then, it can be had if they want it enough to club you on the head. If you do nothing wrong and take basic precautions, you may get through life with no major mishaps. Maybe.

SB
    Internet search-engine giant Google is refusing to turn over their records to the Justice Department, raising major privacy concerns for Web users. Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"