Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bbc ab impeller Q&A

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right... Sure that's not another A instead of that B?
    that or the tune up is not right....

SmokinLowriderSS
    Something funny going on, and it ain't funny.
    I'm spinning 4800 against a Berk "A" in a good pump with a 454, single 700 CFM Holley, performer manifold, stock oval port heads, .565" lift cam, 8.5:1 compression. Not nearly the rpm setup he had, and now is even more so.
    I'm afraid you're gonna go backwards with those rect-ports, especially only making 5-grand now. I think the pump/impeller is ahead of ya, preventing you from getting to the power band of the motor.

have a 468 BBC ram 2 750 carbs had oval port heads & a solid cam 630 lift
    max rpm was 5000 now i have dart steel heads & a 690 lift cam solid roller
    any buddy know what the rpm change should be
    Any idea on compression ratio? And you have an oval port T-ram, on oval heads, with two 750's. The mis match on the intake maybe a factor, in combo with the 750's. Are you running power valves in the carbs?
    Sleek

IMPATIENT 1
    It Does Sound Like He's Runnin Alittle "fat" With To Much Carb. I'd Switch It Up For A Single Plane With A 850 Or A Dominator If Ya Want. 1500cfm Is Way!!too Much Carb For Your Setup. Leaning It Out Alittle Will Give You Alot More Power.tunnel Rams Are Mostly Ran For The Bling.i Want To Be Fast, Not Pretty.

sanger rat
    Either that's a AA impeller or your tach is junk.

PC Rat
    It Does Sound Like He's Runnin Alittle "fat" With To Much Carb. I'd Switch It Up For A Single Plane With A 850 Or A Dominator If Ya Want. 1500cfm Is Way!!too Much Carb For Your Setup. Leaning It Out Alittle Will Give You Alot More Power.tunnel Rams Are Mostly Ran For The Bling.i Want To Be Fast, Not Pretty.
    A big carb does not necessarily make it fat.

HaulinAss
    I dont see how dude could be going backwards by going to a set of Rect port (better flowing heads)
    Heres a lil scenario for you all the doubters
    Last year I removed my OVER CARBED Tunnel with 2 yes 2 750 CFM carbs and my "GOING BACKWARDS set of Rect Port 990 heads" and threw a set of NEW redone set of Oval Port 049 heads with a single plane intake a 870cfm Holley HP carb.Keep in mind the rect port to big of a set of heads and the to big of intake/carb setup netted me 81.7mph.In search for more efficient power to turn my 100% stock pump "A Impellar" I decided to go the ***boat JETS ONLY COMBO netted me a BLISTERING,EYEWATERING,STEERING WHEEL GRABBING<HANGING ON FOR DEAR SPEED 72.9 MPH Although I didnt acheive the speed I was searching for my girl now feels comfortable piloting the badddude.Now I see why I see so many 70mph jetboats.I am now going back to the old combo so I can go back to chopping everyone of with my OVERCARBED OVER HEADED "JET" Boat................
    Point being horsepower EQUALS Speed............In other words for the 70mph crew HORSEPOWER means not being stuck in the 70mph crew........
    Oh and I forgot to mention my cam combo,but I think by now youve been taken to school enough,well save that for next weeks lesson
    Oh and this was in a full interiored,stock pumped,non ride plated,non drooped,heavy ass boat...............

QuickJet
    You guys hear crickets????

MikeF
    You guys hear crickets????
    Yeah, that and a vdrive hull sittin on a trailer. :mix:

MikeF
    81.7mph to 72.9 MPH
    What was the rpm change between the 2 top speeds? :boxed:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast