Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Different Berkeley Bowls?

Devilman
    I have been doing some looking around for a split bowl. Borrowed one from a friend to try a droop on my boat. Ran it Sunday & the results were favorable.
    When looking for a split bowl, I have run across other models of bowls besides a G: a JA, a JR, & a JB. (This is for a JC pump by the way....)
    What's the story on these other model split bowls? Just an older model, less or more desirable, etc..... Info please.
    Thanks in advance!

pro53
    Hey whish I could help you there Mr.
    If you need any input on a yj let me know:idea:

widowmaker
    I have been doing some looking around for a split bowl. Borrowed one from a friend to try a droop on my boat. Ran it Sunday & the results were favorable.
    When looking for a split bowl, I have run across other models of bowls besides a G: a JA, a JR, & a JB. (This is for a JC pump by the way....)
    What's the story on these other model split bowls? Just an older model, less or more desirable, etc..... Info please.
    Thanks in advance!
    Not really sure, but the main differences are the jc which is a one piece bowl and the jg which is a split bowl. I think WAG (wild ass guess) jr is a race bowl that has been double drilled to the suction housing as far a the ja and jb not sure and finally the je is a completely different suction housing.
    I have a jg split bowl for sale that has been powder coated white and ready to bolt on and has been double drilled on the nozzle side. I was going to run this, but then I decided to go to an american turbine bowl which will accept larger impellers.
    so if you want this bowl just pm me for details.

Rondane
    since some of these guys who listen to smokin and spitter all day long with the kudos and think i dont post useful info, here goes.
    JA= very early model bowl, dont bother
    JB= split bowl, vanes end about an inch before nozzle flange.
    good bowl
    JC= good bowl on average boats, can be converted to JG and works well.
    JG= split bowl, longer vanes that go to the nozzle flange
    JR= same as JG but double bolted for droop
    JI= current berk split bowl, better bet, pricey(causes cavitation with berkeley style impellers in blueprinted race pumps,just ask new zealand jetter) :jawdrop:
    Dominator= good split bowl, very good early version of A/T
    A/T= best split bowl, longer exit vanes, better casting than berkeley, better flow.
    mr. .02
    rondane

Jetaholic
    since some of these guys who listen to smokin and spitter all day long with the kudos and think i dont post useful info, here goes.
    good bowl
    JI= current berk split bowl, better bet, pricey(causes cavitation with berkeley style impellers in blueprinted race pumps,just ask new zealand jetter) :jawdrop:
    A/T= best split bowl, longer exit vanes, better casting than berkeley, better flow.
    mr. .02
    rondane
    All this from a guy with no boat...

All this from a guy with no boat...
    Yet the Berkeley info was correct, all the same.

Devilman
    Not really sure, but the main differences are the jc which is a one piece bowl and the jg which is a split bowl. I think WAG (wild ass guess) jr is a race bowl that has been double drilled to the suction housing as far a the ja and jb not sure and finally the je is a completely different suction housing.
    I have a jg split bowl for sale that has been powder coated white and ready to bolt on and has been double drilled on the nozzle side. I was going to run this, but then I decided to go to an american turbine bowl which will accept larger impellers.
    so if you want this bowl just pm me for details.
    PM sent, Widowmaker....
    good bowl
    mr. .02
    rondane
    Appreciate it, had to LMAO at your reason for editing though....

460 jus getn it
    good bowl
    mr. .02
    rondaneAnyone can do a search on the internet.....JACKASS.

Jetaholic
    Anyone can do a search on the internet.....JACKASS.
    NICE!!!

460 jus getn it
    Kenny, sorry for the thread jack.............................................. ............
    P.S...........Go metal flake go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast