Thread: bbf 460 question

460 jus getn it
    my heads are 92cc. what i an ideal piston to run in my motor.i was going to run trw2404f but they only go to 72cc. any feed back will be great.

waterslinger
    Look at the Keith Black pistons or SRP.
    SRP is the best but the KB's are low cost.
    Trw pistons are very heavy, think of your poor
    rod's.

hack job
    if you are going to spend the money on srp's then i would buy je pistons they are a better piston buy far. and they arent any more than srp.
    just my two cents! wink

Blown 472
    460 jus getn it:
    my heads are 92cc. what i an ideal piston to run in my motor.i was going to run trw2404f but they only go to 72cc. any feed back will be great.what do you mean they only go to 72 cc's that piston will work with your heads, about 8.5 to 1 comp, you should check out flatlander racing site, ton of info on pistons, comp ratios with diff deck heights, look in the piston area.

77charger
    460 jus getn it:
    my heads are 92cc. what i an ideal piston to run in my motor.i was going to run trw2404f but they only go to 72cc. any feed back will be great.same what b472 said.You will probably get an 11.25-1 with 72 cc heads and lower with the 92s but will be able to run pump gas as opposed to 100 oct.
    [ November 08, 2002, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: 77charger ]

460 jus getn it
    thanks for the info. i put the order in yesterday for my pistons. trw l2443 .30 over dome removed. this should hopefully give me around 9.5 to 1. does any body elese have info that will make this process more easy, besides getting a chevy.......

Fiat48
    hack job:
    if you are going to spend the money on srp's then i would buy je pistons they are a better piston buy far. and they arent any more than srp.
    just my two cents! wink Conversations with JE and SRP in the past have been to lean toward SRP as the alloy used in them is a better marine piston. That's what they are telling me anyway.

Blown 472
    460 jus getn it:
    thanks for the info. i put the order in yesterday for my pistons. trw l2443 .30 over dome removed. this should hopefully give me around 9.5 to 1. does any body elese have info that will make this process more easy, besides getting a chevy.......you are going to have more comp then that if you are running the 76cc heads, there is a chart on flatlander racing site that gives ratios and deck heights and chamber cc's.
    www.flatlanderracing.com/trwford429460.html
    [ November 12, 2002, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]