Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Schiada 21RC @ LA...

SGettmann
    Can somebody tell me how the freak'in tournament/wakeboard production boats got placed on the same floor as Ron's boat? That is sacreligious! I should stop being so proud, but it would be cool if they could have a section for all performance based boats - both new and old. That would be exciting.
    Any drag, K, GN, SS, or SK boats at the show in LA, or all these all custom non-production boats now adays?

Sangerboy
    Can somebody tell me how the freak'in tournament/wakeboard production boats got placed on the same floor as Ron's boat? That is sacreligious! I should stop being so proud, but it would be cool if they could have a section for all performance based boats - both new and old. That would be exciting.
    Any drag, K, GN, SS, or SK boats at the show in LA, or all these all custom non-production boats now adays?
    Years ago I think it was Petree?sp? Hall that was designated as the High Performance display area.

Sleek-Jet
    That boat is beautifull. I especially like the exotic wood in the floors. Sure as hell doesn't look like balsa...
    One thing that I would change if I had the coin to own a boat like that... I'd get rid of the zip-tie hose serperators...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...916_Large_.JPG

msmeads1
    Sleek-Jet,
    what would you use in place of the zip ties?

Sleek-Jet
    Adel clamps, or machined billet seperators...
    Like these...
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attac...id=11011&stc=1
    I'm sure either way would add a little weight, but would look much better.

LITTLE D
    Where do you find these Adel Clamps or Billit seperators.

Sleek-Jet
    Where do you find these Adel Clamps or Billit seperators.
    Adel clamps (aka cushion clamps), can be had at any parts store. The bling-tastic stainless steel ones you can get from aircraft supply houses, like Aircraft Spruce or Edmo.
    I would make the seperators. Or you can buy them through Billet Specialties or one of the hot rod suppliers.
    It's more of a personal prefferance... lots of boats use zip-ties to keep things seperated. I've been know to use a bag or two on anything I work on.

franky
    Years ago I think it was Petree?sp? Hall that was designated as the High Performance display area.
    That was a long time ago but it was cool!

05schiada
    The wood used on the flooring is Birdseye Walnut and is a veneer that is applied on top of the Balsa core. Very expensive couldn't justify it on my boat so just went with the Balsa.

GofastRacer
    A word of caution, if you use the billet clamps with braided line make damn sure they fit tight, otherwise the braid will destroy the clamps from movement and make a mess!. Myself I'd rather use tie wraps with the appropriate color to match the surroungings, or the Adel clamps!..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast