Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: h.t.m boats

DEEWAYNE
    Mark Perry in Albuquerque bought a 1998 sr-24, new from Steve/Lia. I know he had many complaints about the boat, like: very poor gel-coat work which supposedly steve did himself and offered nothing for warranty when it was clearly htm's problem. The engine was a 588, supposed to be new but it lasted all of an hour before coming apart, another htm special, but not many people warranty blown motors including htm. I guess the boat was also supposed to be the first boat with a liner but nothing but an oops sorry was offered at time of delivery. After a few years of working on it, it finally performs wonderfully. I was at Marks shop in the fall of 06' and he was repairing yet another gel-coat problem. I guess there we're air pockets between the gel-coat and fiberglass and they just keep popping up.
    As far as performance, I've been in the boat every summer since 1998 and the boat does ride well up to 70+ then it seems to get a little rough riding, even in light chop you're bouncing out of the seat a little. Definately take a ride at all speeds in the thing before you buy.

BADBLOWN572
    I was at Marks shop in the fall of 06' and he was repairing yet another gel-coat problem. I guess there we're air pockets between the gel-coat and fiberglass and they just keep popping up.
    Bingo! That is exactly the problem I was referring to when I said that their lamination is sub par. Blisters are a tell that the hull is having problems. I know exactly why the blisters happen. I have seen the reason this happens, with my own two eyes. If he is only getting blisters, he should consider himself lucky! Let me guess, if he pushes the blister in, it will go in somewhere around 1/8" into a cavity? The reason why it happens is because they use/used a technique that is frowned upon in the industry. They do it because it makes lamination much faster and easier, but it is also very risky. If those air pockets are between the glass, which they usually are, the glass does not bond to the next layer. This can be dangerous! Since they are not laminated together, the laminates can pull apart and cause disasterous effects!!! The hull could delaminate because of this problem.

HTMNBR9
    well everyone has there own opinion .i have boat number 9 and im the second owner, mine was ran at lake of the ozarks for a few years and i have even takin it to catalina in pretty rough water and the boat did great... i really like my HTM

BADBLOWN572
    well everyone has there own opinion .i have boat number 9 and im the second owner, mine was ran at lake of the ozarks for a few years and i have even takin it to catalina in pretty rough water and the boat did great... i really like my HTM
    Glad you are happy. Having buyers remourse sucks!

JMC
    Here another pic. of mine from memorial day last year. Its going on its 6th season. No structural or gel problems here. It does have the carbon fiber deck and floor, not sure if its stronger but I know its lighter. Im sure there have been various builders that have had few issues throughout the years, NOT just HTM. I still see and here a lot of people running them from all over the US.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSCN0542.jpg

HTMNBR9
    nice pics i need to upload some of mine

dicudmore
    I think the above post should be deleted...

98 Vector 21

fasthtm
    I love my 2000 HTM SR 24 OPEN BOW. Plenty of storage, lots of free board, open bow, great boat no problems. It for sale wife wants a deck boat. PM me add I will send you pictures.

Jordy
    Ok so I found out the actual real reason why Steve's boat went under in castaic
    The actual real reason huh??? :notam:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast