Thread: Ipod

Taylorman
    Is there a way for me to put a stereo in my boat and use just an ipod with no stereo cd player? Im thinking just an ipod and amp and 4 speakers. Im not up to speed on car stereo stuff so im not sure if this can be done.

Mr. Naudio
    Is there a way for me to put a stereo in my boat and use just an ipod with no stereo cd player? Im thinking just an ipod and amp and 4 speakers. Im not up to speed on car stereo stuff so im not sure if this can be done.
    Yes in fact it is very easy
    I would run the ipod trhough a line driver (like the matrix) then to amp or amps.Can even be done to charge the ipod at same time.
    Give me a call if you need more detailed instructions.
    928-680-0203 Frank

DILLIGAF
    I always like to have my CD's as a backup if something should happen to the IPOD. Doesn't happen any more but in the past the IPOD would sometimes freeze up and was a pain in the ass.

h2oski2fast
    I always like to have my CD's as a backup if something should happen to the IPOD. Doesn't happen any more but in the past the IPOD would sometimes freeze up and was a pain in the ass.
    I never even thought about that. That's a great point. I am putting in a Sony head unit with Ipod adapter. It will be set up so I can control everything through wired remotes so the HU isn't even seen. I will now bring along a couple mp3 cd's.

dumbandyoung
    its a very good idea to bring the cds... i have a few mixes that i just always leave in the boat!..
    if it freezes up again, hold down the center and top buttons for about 7 seconds and it will reset.

thmper321
    Scosche make a blue tooth ipod kit that will give you a pre amp out to run to either an aux input on a head unit or straight to an amplifier. They also have rf remotes that will work over 100ft. away.