Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smithy CNC 1240

wsuwrhr
    but what would you do with them?
    When was the last time you walked away from the "window" long enough to grind a carbide lathe cutter? lol
    OHHHHH that carbide. ok then.
    Window? We dont look through that often bud, parts fly out of windows.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    This is similar to the CNC Bridgeport I was refering to. (http://www.bpt.com/index.asp?pageID=943&prodID=58)
    I haven't seen the machine is 5 years or so, but this is basically what it looks like.
    Taken right off Bridgeport's site, which is now Hardinge anyway.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...7EZ_VISION.gif

victorfb
    damn thats a nice machine. find me one of THOSE for that $1500-$2000... heck, that dude aint useing it. plus theres 5 years of dust collected on it.

wsuwrhr
    damn thats a nice machine. find me one of THOSE for that $1500-$2000... heck, that dude aint useing it. plus theres 5 years of dust collected on it.
    That aint the one for 2 large pal. If it were I would have had a third mill.
    Brian

Fiat48
    On the 3 phase converter dealios. I have an Anderson heavy duty 3 phase converter and I run 4 different machines from it. But never 2 at the same time cause it is just me anyway.
    A Tree digital readout mill.
    A Sunnen CK10
    A Storm 85B surfacer
    A seat and guide machine.
    I mounted the phase converter on the wall and a short cord out of it to a 4 prong wall socket. Then made cords for each machine and male plug ins. I just plug in the machine I want to use. Works for me.

victorfb
    yea i was thinking one converter would be plenty aswell. good idea.
    and brian... i was just funnin with the last post man, i know damn well if a CNC machine was going for that cheap it be gone bofore the seller said "i have a cnc .................sold" besides, i got alot more time (i hope) than i do money, so turning wheels is just fine for me. ill let you know when im ready for one. anybody that knows how to finish convrete is more than welcome to come by some saturday soon. 16 yards is a bitch to finish.

steveo143
    Go to E-Bay, Reliable Tools Store, they usually have at least 2 or 3 Bridgeports up for auction each week. I got a very nice Wells Index mill for 1600.00. They have all sorts of metalworking machinery up for auction. they are located on Arrow Highway in Irwindale, Ca. You can preinspect anything before bidding. A very satisfied customer.
    steveo143 aka Dimarco21 II

victorfb
    wow, we really hijacked this thread didnt we. sorry about that. but since im here let me ask this.... are the r-8 collets still common on the newer machines? i have a bunch of em.

wsuwrhr
    wow, we really hijacked this thread didnt we. sorry about that. but since im here let me ask this.... are the r-8 collets still common on the newer machines? i have a bunch of em.
    R8 collets are a staple in any knee-type milling machine.
    Brian

Fiat48
    Except a Tree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast