Thread: mustang 500 shelby gt

I DIG IT !
    Well my old man just called me to say that he just bought a 07 500 gt. I guess that the car is pritty sweet. He told me that he got a black one with siliver strips down the middle. I was told that ford is only making 1500 cars. Anybody know any facts on the subject?????

local805
    Well my old man just called me to say that he just bought a 07 500 gt. I guess that the car is pritty sweet. He told me that he got a black one with siliver strips down the middle. I was told that ford is only making 1500 cars. Anybody know any facts on the subject?????
    yeah,i was going to buy one,originally the dealers were getting 25k + over a 45 k sticker,i had a deal on on for 9 k over sticker but found out they are making them in 07/08 and doing 6000 cars for each year,and now have a shelby 350 model much less and not selling like they thought,the car i was going to buy about 4-6 mos ago is still sitting in the showroom,to many being made to pay a premium for,and after all,its still a ford mustang,for that kind of $$$ do a gt40,not being made anymore and not so many available for under 140k.

Baja Big Dog
    Wonder why Ford is in trouble....make a winner and then limit production...

RaceFace
    Here's a link that will make you wanna puke. What a car!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT5mQLy5C4

jbone
    I heard they were making 9000 each year.
    Too much money though.
    I could see marking up the price to deal with the demand, but if one has been sitting for 6 months, its over priced...period!
    J

spectras only
    Wonder why Ford is in trouble....make a winner and then limit production...
    Nice car , but Ford should have shaved some weight [ 4000 lbs ] by deleting massive subwoofer's and amplifiers from the car:idea: . My colleague has one ,and I don't think he could beat my friend's 06 GT [3600 lbs], with a Hellion turbo & suspension upgrade . GM did the right thing using balsa and carbon fiber for the ZO6 [ 3050 ] .Even the C-6 is pretty light at 3150 lbs.
    I guess removing a lot of crap from the GT 500 would help a lot Still good value for what my colleague paid for = $57 K cdn !
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/07%20shelby.jpg

SoCal_fun
    yeah,i was going to buy one,originally the dealers were getting 25k + over a 45 k sticker,i had a deal on on for 9 k over sticker but found out they are making them in 07/08 and doing 6000 cars for each year,and now have a shelby 350 model much less and not selling like they thought,the car i was going to buy about 4-6 mos ago is still sitting in the showroom,to many being made to pay a premium for,and after all,its still a ford mustang,for that kind of $$$ do a gt40,not being made anymore and not so many available for under 140k.
    Ding, Ding, Ding!
    Ummmmm, OK, we have a new winner for the longest runon sentence!
    Made me dizzy trying to read it!

local805
    Ding, Ding, Ding!
    Ummmmm, OK, we have a new winner for the longest runon sentence!
    Made me dizzy trying to read it!
    might be that palmdale air your breathing!!!!!!!