Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1998 Chevy C3500 CrewCab Dually

Beer-30
    I moved all the info here. Didn't seem right to be in Anaheim Chevrolets corner.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/front.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/highrear.JPG
    As soon as the new body is available, I will be getting a new one and then outfitting it for SEMA. I will keep my current on through that time, so I have something to pull the boat with. Near SEMA time, I will be looking to sell the '98.
    WATERWITCH here on the board sent me a PM back in Sept, asking me to let them know when I was selling. They have first dibs. If they don't want it, I am sure someone will.
    I am an animal when it comes to preventative maint. At 79,000 (mileage right now, today) I have already replaced the A/C compressor, dryer, lines, idler, tensioner - just so they don't go belly up. I have rebuilt the front end - bushings, ball joints, shocks, swaybar links - about 5,000 ago. Again, so they would not fail on a trip. I have changed the rear lube every 30K, instead of 100K. Tranny was flushed at 50K. Will do again if it hits 100 while I have it. Has been on Mobil-1 synthetic since 15K, changed every 5K - with a filter between. It just got a new window motor and door latches on the driver's side. New plugs and MSD wires. I put on new headlights, tail lights, cab lights and marker lights at about 60K, as they were looking dull.
    Air-Lift air bags on rear, compressor, tank, control in glove box. BellTech 5" front (spindles and 2" springs) Toxic shocks and 8" flip kit in rear with KYB shocks.
    K&N intake, Edelbrock headers, MSD wires. Complete dual catback 3" exh and dual 40-series Flowmasters. That's 3" pipe and one 3" in/out muffler, and one 3" tailpipe PER bank. The headers have 3" headpipes that feed into each of the two factory high-flow cats. The previously mentioned system starts on each cat.
    Interior has no stock stereo pieces at all. The first week I had it, I pulled all the stock stuff out and put in all Eclipse / Fosgate. The head unit, EQ, doors, and high end amp is all Eclipse. The two 10s under the back seat and amp to run them are Fosgate. 1400 watts total. Nothing huge, just nice and clean. All door speakers are in stock locations, not visible.
    I am about to put on a new fan-clutch, flush radiator, and new upper/lower rad hoses. Once again, just so nothing fails during boating season. It will get a new A/C blower motor also, as it has started making noise.
    Just passed smog again, with flying colors. I kept the printout, as the numbers were so low - well below average.
    That's the nutshell.
    NEW POST:
    Stereo is an Eclipse 5504 flip-down-face, standard DIN, AM FM CD. It is in a DIN-and-a-half install kit, with a 1/2-DIN Eclipse 2101 paragraphic EQ/Bass control below it. There is an Eclipse 10-disc under the passenger seat. Yes, it has nav capability. It has 5V pre-outs, but that gets raised to 10v from the 2101 so it is just increadibly clean music.
    There is a Clifford Concept 400 alarm with infra-red dual zone sensor. There is an invisible outer zone that "squaks" if someone is within 1.5 feet of the truck. It is just a warn-away. If the window/door plane inner zone has movement, the alarm sounds. Auto door lock with arm/disarm. Starter kill, and parking lights.
    I had mentioned earlier that is has Air-Lift rear air bags. You basically can't successfully do an 8" flip kit without them.
    The tires are 10-ply all around, which is load range E, if you are more familiar with that. They usually come (it came) from the factory with 8 ply (load range D) all around, but I always go with 10s.
    2680 each tire. 16,080 for all six. 10,720 for the rears alone.
    It has had 2 rear brake jobs. One at about 23,000 by GM. The other one was at 60K by myself. New GM shoes and springs. New axle seals and this lube:
    http://www.torcousa.com/ProductImage..._gear_list.gif
    Product Description
    Torco SGO is designed to maximize power efficiency and provide the highest level of gear protection under the most severe speed and load conditions. It is formulated using a combination of Group IV/V synthetic base oil chemistries and additive technologies providing high shear resistance and 4-5 times the film strength of conventional oils. This combination of base oils and extreme pressure chemistries offer superior wear protection, improved power throughput, longer component life and prevents rust and oxidation
    Features & Benefits
    - 100% Synthetic Formula
    - Superior shock load and wear protection
    - Increases power throughput
    - Reduces operating temperatures
    - A balanced concentration of race proven chemistries
    SAE 75W-140
    Recommended for use in differentials, transmissions and transfer cases requiring an SAE 75W140, 80W140 or 85W140 GL-5 or GL-6 rated gear oil. Used in all forms of racing and performance street applications. Highly recommended in extreme loads or continuous high temperature applications. The fronts have been done 4 times. Around ever 15-20K. Usually, it is just so I can repack the bearings with Mobil-1 synthetic grease. New seals every time and I put on new rotors ($200/ea) last time. It will more than likely have a fresh job at sale time. That will be real close to my repack limit.
    Tranny never replaced. I don't see it going out for another 100K. Even towing they recommend flushing at 100K, and I already did it once at 50K.

Hustler
    Wrong thread?

Beer-30
    Wrong thread?
    Moved it here from the other.

Eliminator 4 Life
    what motor is in it.

Beer-30
    what motor is in it.
    7400 Vortec, 290 hp / 410 tq (stock), 4L80E trans.

RitcheyRch
    Very nice truck. Shouldnt have any problems selling it.

Eliminator 4 Life
    7400 Vortec, 290 hp / 410 tq (stock), 4L80E trans.
    Which is a 454 right? Also how much you gonna ask for it? Do you got any interior pics?

Schiada Time
    Beer 30- I would love to see some interior and engine compartment pics. I am very interested. Please let me know when you are prepared to sell as I will have to sell my truck before I could come get it.
    Travis

Beer-30
    I'll get some int pics today.
    Yes Rob, 7.4 liter, 7400cc, 454 cu in

LAFD
    damn ive always wanted one of these trucks. put up a price and hopfully i can get it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast