Thread: Carpet Q

LuckyDaze
    Ok, I'm getting ready to rip the carpet out of my boat and put in a new false bottom. Then I want to put new carpet in the boat. As I am broke and would like to save some cash to use the thing during the summer anyone know how to lay carpet so it looks good? If so any pointers? If theres anyone in socal who would like to have some free beers and dinner I'll kick ya down if you come help me!
    ~Brian

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Where are ya located? Im no expert but my carpet came out bitchin Look in my G-Wing rigging thread to see pics
    _Spitter

OverKill
    Where are ya located? Im no expert but my carpet came out bitchin Look in my G-Wing rigging thread to see pics
    _Spitter
    I think SoCal means Southern California. Lucky Daze do a search on Couple little projects you will see my boat with new carpet. Again no carpet pro here but I think I did a pretty good job.
    Its not hard at all just make sure you get marine carpet, it has the black backing on it. Thats what seals the carpet to make it water proof. Also go to Home Depot and get a tub of (OUT DOOR CARPET GLUE). When putting on the glue just use a peice of scrap carpet you have after making a cut.

killerbeez
    I just did the carpet in my boat last weekend and I am pleased with the results.When I took out the old carpet,I used it as a pattern for the new carpet and installed fairly easily with a few swear words added in the mix.If you can tear out the old stuff in one piece,you are in good shape.

Badburn
    I am in the carpet business, and have an account with the company that supplies Eliminator, Carrera, Baja, and many others. Excelent quality stuff. Let me know if I can help.

LuckyDaze
    sweet thanks for the info! Ill be looking into my options as soon as my darn quad sells!!!
    ~Brian

76elimspecial
    Did Mine Last Year. Not Hard At All. Just Remember Measure Twice And Cut Once! I Used The Spray On Adheasive And It Was A Piece Of Cake. Good Luck.

LuckyDaze
    Did Mine Last Year. Not Hard At All. Just Remember Measure Twice And Cut Once! I Used The Spray On Adheasive And It Was A Piece Of Cake. Good Luck.
    Did you use 3m or what kind of adhesive?
    ~Brian

81rogers
    Hey badburn, is that a place that sells to the public cause im in the process of doing my boat also and can't seem to find the carpet. Found gray all day long but no dark blue. Or if anyone else knows of some were in corona, ca area much thanks

b's sanger
    I just did the carpet in my boat last weekend and I am pleased with the results.When I took out the old carpet,I used it as a pattern for the new carpet and installed fairly easily with a few swear words added in the mix.If you can tear out the old stuff in one piece,you are in good shape.
    Yep, that's the ticket. Use the old carpet as a pattern.