Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Dealer leaves my Air Cleaner off !

2Driver
    Yesterday I open the hood of my truck for the first time in 4k miles (since dealer did the last oil change) and there staring me in the face is the cover to my air cleaner - OFF! The dick never put it back on.
    I go down there today for an oil change and talk to the service writer. They inspected the throttle body (as do I and all is clean). They finish the oil change and hand me a bill for $34. What a bunch of customer service losers ( in my opinion of course)

Outnumbered
    Buy a Dodge J/K
    Seems no one can do anything right. I always watch when my stuff is getting done. It pisses them off sometimes but this is the kind of stuff that happens when you don't. BTW, find another dealer.

WaterBox
    Yesterday I open the hood of my truck for the first time in 4k miles (since dealer did the last oil change) and there staring me in the face is the cover to my air cleaner - OFF! The dick never put it back on.
    I go down there today for an oil change and talk to the service writer. They inspected the throttle body (as do I and all is clean). They finish the oil change and hand me a bill for $34. What a bunch of customer service losers ( in my opinion of course)
    :220v: Stuppppid Dealership! ...... But I can't imagine anyone not opening the hood to check their oil level and doing a visual at least once in between oil changes! :hammerhea

HCS
    Being how I work for a dealer, Iv'e seen it all.
    Brake cap resivors left off, Wheels left untightened, you name it.
    Techs can get side tracked very easy and no one is perfect. :redface:
    I know people do not expect that to happen at the dealer, but it does.
    Those guys work on alot of cars in one day.
    People don't think they should have to when they go to the dealer,
    but always check your vehicle when you pick it up.
    Open the hood and take a look at everything.
    It doesn't hurt and you'll feel better when you leave.

Mr. Pixilated
    With no filter did it go faster...

WaterBox
    With no filter did it go faster...
    Probably not. But it sure should have sounded different.

cc322
    IMO they should have comped you the oil change and threw in some killer coupons for a later date. SLACKERS

2Driver
    I'm usually pretty anal about checking up on that. Figures first time I don't. The cleaner cover was just sitting on top of the air box with the screws out. I sure most the air bypassed the fiter
    No change in sound like when I used to flip the cleaner top on Mom's old 78 360 Cordoba in high school...Whoooooo..whooooooo weeeeeeee whooooooooo
    :rollside:

Outnumbered
    Being how I work for a dealer, Iv'e seen it all.
    Brake cap resivors left off, Wheels left untightened, you name it.
    Techs can get side tracked very easy and no one is perfect. :redface:
    I know people do not expect that to happen at the dealer, but it does.
    Those guys work on alot of cars in one day.
    People don't think they should have to when they go to the dealer,
    but always check your vehicle when you pick it up.
    Open the hood and take a look at everything.
    It doesn't hurt and you'll feel better when you leave.
    People know the dealer charges more and that expense is supposed to be justified by "we know what we are doing, ABC mechanic does not". If that was true, I would gladly pay a few more bucks to have peace of mind and NOT have to worry about watching or checking up on them.
    I have found out that there are good and bad dealers just like any other shop. I guess that is why I stopped going to the dealer for stuff that is not under warranty. Now I just use shops that are close to my house that have done a good job. The dealers near my house suck ass.

soupersonic
    Just had the tires rotated today on the dually at Big O because i bought the tires there. They usually do the same thing, mount the outer tire on the rear so your cant reach the schrader valve. So i watch and wait till they think they are done and i tell them to check the tire pressure, then i get to watch em remount the rear tires. Today it was only one I guess thats what you get with a couple of 18 year old kids busting tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast