Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Advice!!!!!

barbigrl
    Tell her that you were very upset and that you would appreciate it if she would keep you informed of these types of things. Explain that you love your dad as much as she does.
    Or just make her ex-lax brownies. :rollside:
    Yeah my mom told me to call her and talk her...... I hate this crap..

Mrs. casean
    Melissa, you have more of a right to know that she does... you are his daughter and have every right to know what's going on in his life with his health especially! That's BS she didn't tell you... she needs to know that this upset you and to not let it happen again. IF you're only 20 min away, maybe you need to stop by like the annoying step-daughter to get through to her You're just showing concern for your dad and she should want you to know these things! I hope your dad is alright and recovering fast!

barbigrl
    (b) your step-Mom is probably respecting your very private Father's wishes and not communicating the information to you.
    PS: why do you and others think it's a good thing to air personal stuff like this in a very public Internet forum? I'm NOT criticizing you but I do wonder why people think it's a good thing?
    No, actually my step-mother is a b*tch, and has hardly been apart of my brother and I's life since I was 10 years old. We are never invited on family vacations, parties etc..... the person I should blame is my dad for letting this happen....
    Just needed some thoughts on this...its not like you know me or my dad, ya know. He does not even know HB exists...

LAFD
    I did tell him this....its like talking to a wall. She wears the pants! He would not say anything to her! :yuk:
    than you need to put her in check walk up and sock her in the nose and say remember that the next time you dont tell me sumthing. it may work but if it doesnt it will make you feel better.

barbigrl
    Melissa has a lot of friends on here and I am sure she is comfortable asking for others' opinions.
    I know this is a public internet forum but there are alot of people on here who are genuinely good friends, and not just internet friends.
    :rollside:
    exactly!!

BADBLOWN572
    Just say... "Listen Bitch!............."

Ziggy
    I'd agree with Linds and make a point of visiting them very regularly, don't need to stay long...If they ask why then simply tell them you'd be less inclined to stop by daily if they keep you abrest of important family matters.....afterall you are only 20 minutes away.
    My parents thrive on me stopping by...and they live 2 minutes away.

***boateditor
    Play it any way you wish, but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Sometimes the greatest sign of strength is to put your anger aside and be endearing. Everybody knows you have a right to know about your dad's sickness. But simply being right doesn't make things happen. To make things happen, you have to use your wits.

Tom Brown
    How do I handle this?
    It's all about communication. Try to let him know that it's not about him, it's about you.
    Oh... and get him to move 10 minutes closer. What does he think... gas is free?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast