Thread: rexone

502procharger
    i need an oil cooler for my new blown 540. i dint have a cat. and could use some recomendations and prices, please e-mai or pm me so i can figure out what will work best for me and get it orderd from you. Brian

502 funny you should inquire about coolers right now. I'm doing some repricing this evening on our coolers and have some overstock on some so I'm going to offer some on sale too to forum members first before I do any other advertising on them. I will post more details here later. What type of cooler exactly are you looking for?
    2", 3", 3" dual chamber, 4", chrome, brass?
    Here is a link to our cooler page
    Ignore the pricing you see. I'm working on that and it will be changing shortly (for the better).
    [ August 27, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Hotcrusader76
    Chomping at the bit...chomping at the bit....
    and just yesterday I was thinking about getting one..hmmm

Hallett19
    Keep me informed, I've needed one for a long time !!

502procharger
    rex
    i really dont know what i need. i have a bbc blown and i do not run a therm. i was hopping to get something to keep the oil at about the right temp but do not know if i can do that without a therm. in the cooler. i guess the bigger the better? brass, crome, whatever is best. please advise. price is an issue but not that big of a deal. i have a bunch of cash into this motor and want to protect it.

DEL51
    I would like to know what your current oil temp is, the capacity of your pan, and type of oil.Oil coolers aren't cheap and they may not be needed.If you run 5-10 minutes at full throttle, you may need one. I ran without one on a dyno and my max oil temp was 192 deg F.These were wide load runs, including full throttle for 20 seconds to 1 minute at full power.

Del51 is right, it depends on how you run the boat. Too cold on the oil isn't good either. Without a gauge it's hard to tell. Most likely if you need one the 3" cooler or the Olson Cooler is the best choice (both about the same size and cooling capacity). But if your oil temp isn't going up over 230-240 frankly I wouldn't bother. Hard to tell without a gauge though.

Ok here's the new oil cooler pricing and sale info. I'll put it on our website soon if you guys don't buy em all.
    242181 - 2" cooler brass NPT connect $77.95 reg - $69.95 on sale - 20 available on sale
    242281 - 3" cooler brass NPT connect $209.99 reg - $189.95 on sale - 6 available on sale
    242380 - 3" dual chamber cooler chrome NPT connect - $319.99 reg - 259.95 on sale - 7 available on sale
    242381 - same as above not chrome - $289.99 reg - $229.95 on sale - 9 available on sale
    Selling overstock on sale, when they're gone that's it.
    Just a side note on chrome on oil coolers. I've read on competitors websites where chrome reduces cooling by 40% shiznit... Not true. We plug our coolers during plating, no plating on the inside. This might be true if they weren't plugged but still doubt the 40% number I've read is a tested or valid number even if they weren't plugged.
    The internal tubes are what exchanges the heat with the water, not the cooler shell. Heat exchange is not affected by chroming just the outer shell. Just thought I'd throw that in before the question is asked since there are some chrome coolers above on sale.

cal***boat
    502procharger:
    i need an oil cooler for my new blown 540. i dint have a cat. and could use some recomendations and prices, please e-mai or pm me so i can figure out what will work best for me and get it orderd from you. Brian There is a Dan Olsen oil cooler up for auction over on the v-drive forum to help with the Steve Lowater Fund.