Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So Cal Grocery Store Strike

JetBoatRich
    we were 50/50 on the strike when they were rude and aggressive, gave me more reason to go to the stores and shop

Screemy1
    I went to Vons during the strike becasue it was close to work.... I was amazed at the high quality service I got from the scab workers and management..... made those strikers look stupid.... when the strikers approached me, I talked to them and some of them admitted they hated the strike and felt that they were going to lose in the end by loseing their jobs.... and some did, the rest are just postponing the inevitable..... if you do not like what your employer is doing.... leave, don't strike.... the only winners in strikes is the union..... they still pull a full salary during your strike.....:idea:

Havasu Carrera
    Some employees started at Vons 10 plus years ago with a promise of x income in a certain # of years.
    Then Vons took that promise away. That sucked badly for those who put 10 years in knowing they would get x amount of money as they climbed that very slow ladder. Vons screwed those employees and its to bad we don't all get together and support those people. (I still shop at vons for little stuff but I drive a extra 200 yards to Staters to do my large shopping. Whats up at Vons with their having only one cashier most of the time?

Screemy1
    Some employees started at Vons 10 plus years ago with a promise of x income in a certain # of years.
    Then Vons took that promise away. That sucked badly for those who put 10 years in knowing they would get x amount of money as they climbed that very slow ladder. Vons screwed those employees and its to bad we don't all get together and support those people. (I still shop at vons for little stuff but I drive a extra 200 yards to Staters to do my large shopping. Whats up at Vons with their having only one cashier most of the time?
    Boo Hoo for them, that is every job in this country.... something propmised... then taken away..... Why should they get so much when all they do is scan, bag, stock shelves.... bake premade recipes.... the butcher has to have some skill, hmmm what else..... People want more money.... get differant job... it is just the way of life.... if you do a job that takes very little skill, don't expect lots of money when another person can do it easily..... High skill jobs = limited amount of people able to do the job = more money..... Please give example on why they have a stressful, dangerous, lots of education required, or hard to find replacement worker JOB..... the companies should do what they can..... it does not take a genius to use a scanner.... but they could use a few training classes on how to change the receipt printer... amazes me on how some get so confused and frustrated with that task.....

djunkie
    Rex, thanks for having an option for Djunkie to participate.
    I was just thinking the same. And if I keyed any peoples cars on here I apologize since I was out there one day supporting the picketers.

djunkie
    I went to Vons during the strike becasue it was close to work.... I was amazed at the high quality service I got from the scab workers and management..... made those strikers look stupid.... when the strikers approached me, I talked to them and some of them admitted they hated the strike and felt that they were going to lose in the end by loseing their jobs.... and some did, the rest are just postponing the inevitable..... if you do not like what your employer is doing.... leave, don't strike.... the only winners in strikes is the union..... they still pull a full salary during your strike.....:idea:
    But....... give those scabs a year or 2 and they will be bitching and complaining about the shitty pay, no benefits, etc etc etc. They were nice cause they were glad to be working and didn't care about anything else. Once they get settled in then they start to want it all like the others did.

djunkie
    Not exactly true. Most unions have a reserve fund in times of strikes where they can assist members in need.

djunkie
    Your in small company here HC. This site is a primarily anti-union site and most could care less about them.

C-2
    Wow, it's been like a dream week here on HB.
    First a great dog fight, then a short-lived psycho lady episode, and now a strike thread. Whoo Hoo!!!
    FAWK Stater Bros, I clench my teeth every time I go in that store. The first thing I look for is the WIC recipient in line....the one with 6 gals of milk, 12 bottles of juice. Besides, 7-11 has as much of a variety.
    For the record, it cracks me up when people rag on supermarket employees. It's usually the people without the skillz that bitch about the other people without skillz getting paid too much money for scanning groceries.
    Since when is $18hr a lot of money?
    The strike did one thing for sure - made customer service even crappier.

Doing some long term strategizing before the minions at Rex Marine go out on strike?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast