Thread: V Drive Classics @ LA

Riverkid
    These two boats were off the hook!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...934_Large_.JPG
    Cream Puff A$$...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...935_Large_.JPG
    Pretty obvious an aircraft guy built this one up. What a rig job. Check out that external rudder! Sweet machining on this one.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...933_Large_.JPG

Earl
    The white boat was built by Bob patterson in 63 or 64. I spoke to Bob this morning to about what's up with with his Cracker. Bob built most of the Cracker Box class in the 60's through 1970. In the hay day of SCSC he built boats for Leroy Pinhall and Don St John to name a few. All the guys my age know about his craftmanship. I wrote this note for the younger guys that were not around during that area.
    Have a Great Day

maxwedge
    Holy carb synch nightmare, Batman! That is very cool though. I need to stop drooling on my desk now. Were these at the boat show out there?

maxwedge
    Were these at the boat show out there?
    Doh! I guess I should read the thread title huh?

SGettmann
    RiverKid - did you get pictures of the V-Drive on that V-12? I hear the overdrive gears are huge. I've heard about this boat. I believe that it's home is @ South Shore on Nacimiento, just outside of the narrows. One of a kind boat. I can't even afford the gas bill from what I heard.
    I need to send these photos of Ron's 21 and the Rayson Crafts to the committee that puts on the Spokane Boat show. Maybe Frank Defir can lend a few of his boats to the show. Heck, I wouldn't mind bringing my Schiada down to put on display. It wouldn't be as nice as Ron's, but I'm pretty proud of what I have. I could have a ton of fun taking orders for Lee - if it didn't take so long to get them out. Lots of California money in Cour D Alene. People spend over a 150K on Mahagony boat in these parts. They look pretty, but are basic tug boats on the water that have no performance or handling skills.
    Wish I got the Baja's rep email who was trying to tell me that east coast builders are the true peformance boat builders in the country. I would make him eat his word's with Lee's latest release. Now thats above the top - but that's what you get when you deal with a customer builder, not a mass production boat builder.

Riverkid
    Didn't get a shot of the V drive. I had to run real fast away from Ron's 21', snap a pic, and be real quick about it before the magnetic force would pull me back over to the Schiada...