Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just bought a 1982 SKV 24 ft day cruiser

Old Day Cruiser
    I can't seem to find much info on this boat or builder. was wondering if anyone could help me out on this boat? i know it's a old boat, but i love the old school looks. i know the builder was G.A. Racine out of San Dimas, CA. i have a 25 ft tahiti day cruiser that has seen better days and it's time to move on with her.$$$$$. any info or your thoughts on this boat or builder would be helpful. by the way it has 290 hp 350 with a 280 volvo i/o. thank's for any help. Old Day Cruiser

Deano
    I don't know much about the boat other than my uncle had one in the early 80s. He ran the shit outta that thing and seemed to be a pretty nice boat. It's been sitting uncovered for the last 10+ years....damn shame. I think it ran around 55 with a 455 olds/jet

Wet Dream
    This thread is worthless without pics.

lewiville
    PIC'S PLEASE geeeesh

DaddyMack
    i cant seem to find much info on this boat or builder. was wondering if anyone could help me out on this boat? i know it's a old boat, but i love the old school looks. . i know the builder was G.A. Racine out of San Dimas, CA. i have a 25 ft tahiti day cruiser that has seen better days and it's time to move on with her.$$$$$. any info or your thoughts on this boat or builder would be helpful. by the way it has 290 hp 350 with a 280 volvo i/o. thank's for any help. Old Day Cruiser
    We had one back in the 70's 21 foot jet... great boat.. lots of fun. if we were going no wake speed and hit reverse really quick.. we could "wash the deck" as my dad would call it.. nose would dip under... it was a cool parlor trick..lol

909punk
    My Dad had one for many years..

MUDXPRT
    Builder was Gene Racine, built awesome boats his son Rene was best man in my wedding. The quality was top notch.

OCMerrill
    Here ya go. Nice boat. Volvo 280's can be decent drives if they are taken care of. My father just swapped out the same power combo he had in his '79 24' Caribbean Daycruiser with a BBC and a volvo DP with a stainless propset. Direct bolt in. He is stoked.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...7&d=1173051518

bullseye
    I own a 24" 1975 SKV day cruiser ,Chrysler 440 ,direct drive ,very smooth riding, it is my first boat and Ienjoy it very much , I finallaly got all the bugs out of it , If I recall . From what I have heard the molds were bought by either Hallet or Howard .Congrads on the boat hope that you enjoy

Old Day Cruiser
    Thanks to all that have replyed. OCMerrill has your father taken his caribbean out with his new set up? sounds like a sweet ride. just wondering how much of a difference it makes? Old Day Cruiser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast