Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ilmor 710's or Teague 800's w/teague drives

neverfastenuff
    Any opinions?:idea: :idea: :idea:

Da Twins
    I non't know about the 710's but I love my
    twin 625's runs & sounds great

ToMorrow44
    Teague 800s...full 1 year warranty just like the Ilmor but more power and better sound IMO. Actually, to upgrade to the 900s is very minimal and you still get the warranty but a lot more power. What boat are you planning to put this in? And as far as drives, drive the boat normally and you won't have a problem with the TCM XRs.
    -Tom

neverfastenuff
    I non't know about the 710's but I love my
    twin 625's runs & sounds great
    kool I have 625's in my boat rite now, which I'm selling and building a new boat. I have run my 625's very little, how many hours do you have on yours? any issues in the heat or with elevation?.....I heard the Ilmors are a bit more doe then the Teagues, both I'm sure are built equally as well....just seeing what guys with either of them think and if anyones had any issues with either.:boxingguy

Magic34
    I think either motor would be great. Now the drives, that is where I would be looking for options.

dicudmore
    all motor packages have "issues" of some sort at some point--hell they're built by humans :wink:
    what are they going in? WHEN you have a problem are you closer to somebody to look at an Ilmor package or a Teague package??

Da Twins
    have about 30hrs on boat , did not tell if I lost power in heat
    my drive is Merc. ITS box w/ teague XR drive

havaduner
    all motor packages have "issues" of some sort at some point--hell they're built by humans :wink:
    what are they going in? WHEN you have a problem are you closer to somebody to look at an Ilmor package or a Teague package??
    Teague is the west coast dealer for Ilmor, so for warranty issues on either one, they go back to Valencia.

XFactor
    Teague is the west coast dealer for Ilmor, so for warranty issues on either one, they go back to Valencia.
    Are you saying an Ilmor certified facility can not do warranty work? There are several certified facilities on the west including Savage and Absolute in Havasu.

andy01
    I know you will loose power during the heat of summer with both. But I have heard of many people loosing a lot with the 625 packages. I know people with Teague stuff loose a couple mph but the 625's I've heard as much as 10 mph. I wonder if the 710 will be the same amount of power lose as the 625. I would look at one more option the Merc. 700's. You then get a drive that is matched to the power as well. Not a brovo style drive that will sooner or later break. I know the merc. 700 is in the ball park on price but you have to add one outdrive repair to the Ilmor and Teague packages and then see where you are on price. Plus the Merc. setup will make 700 all year and up to 4,000 feet above sea level the Ilmor will not come close to 710 in the 115 degree heat of summer in Havasu. But of the two I would go Teague 800's. Just my .02
    Andy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast